Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice with building a gaming pc

Options
  • 15-09-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everybody,
    I'm building my first gaming pc and would appreciate your advice.
    The parts I'm getting atm are

i5 3570k
    asus P8Z77-v lx motherboard
    Corsair gs700 700W power supply
    nzxt phantom case
    a sony disk drive
    Corsair vengance ram
    a 64gb ssd and a 1tb hdd

Now for the part I need help with, the gpu.
    I have friends that are getting the 7950 but I cant find any good reviews of it anywhere. I was thinking of getting the 660 ti but I hear good things about the 670. Anyway I would really appreciate your help and I would like to buy from Amazon.co.uk please :)

Also I don't have any idea what sort of cables I need apart from a HDMI/DVI for my monitor but beyond that I don't have a clue
    And if you have any knowledge of it what are those things called that I need to connect to the internet, my friend said he would order me 1 :)

Anyway thanks for your help ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dfall

!!!!
    Hi everybody,

i5 3570k
    nzxt phantom case
    a sony disk drive
    Corsair vengance ram
    a 64gb ssd and a 1tb hdd

I have friends that are getting the 7950 but I cant find any good reviews of it anywhere. I was thinking of getting the 660 ti but I hear good things about the 670. Anyway I would really appreciate your help and I would like to buy from Amazon.co.uk please :)

Also I don't have any idea what sort of cables I need apart from a HDMI/DVI for my monitor but beyond that I don't have a clue
    And if you have any knowledge of it what are those things called that I need to connect to the internet, my friend said he would order me 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

dfall wrote: »
    !!!!
    Hi everybody,

i5 3570k
    nzxt phantom case
    a sony disk drive
    Corsair vengance ram
    a 64gb ssd and a 1tb hdd

What's the budget for the overall system?
    Also is there any particular reason you are buying from amazon?

Advertisement