Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi baby and toddler event

Options
  • 15-09-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    Just to let ye all know the baby baby and toddler event in Aldi is on again starting the 20th of September! Great value on babygro's, vests and muslin cloths again. I bought these before and they are good quality and I find they wash great!!
    Its all on their websiTe anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I'm actually so excited for the baby event...haha kinda sad! Huge fan of aldi though! Definitely going to get started on my hospital bags with this sale! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Rachineire wrote: »
    I'm actually so excited for the baby event...haha kinda sad! Huge fan of aldi though! Definitely going to get started on my hospital bags with this sale! :)
    Huge fan myself and recently started using their nappies for my 4week old little man and find them brilliant! The muslin clothes are brilliant, you can't have enough of them :):)

I've heard mixed reviews about their nappies but plan on trying them still!! Really want them to work cause the price is so good haha! I think it's all down to each individual baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zombot

Their nappies are working fine for my 3 month old, we have tried a few different brands, including pampers, and find aldi the best so far.
    I bought their muslin cloths before and they are excellent, will be stocking up again this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Zombot wrote: »
    Their nappies are working fine for my 3 month old, we have tried a few different brands, including pampers, and find aldi the best so far.
    I bought their muslin cloths before and they are excellent, will be stocking up again this time :)

Working on my 1 year old too.. While pampers seem to hold more (as in could get a few hours longer than the aldi) you get long enough out of the aldi to have changed him by then anyway)

• Advertisement

Yeah I find them great, We started off with pampers, have boxes of them left and don't know if I'll ever use them! Leaked all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Found Pampers awful for leaking aswell, threw a pack & a half away which killed me as they aren't cheap.
    Using Lidl's nappies (similar to Aldi's) now on my 5.5 month old & find them excellent for both price & usage. 56 nappies for just over €6 can't be bad :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

We had been using lidl nappies and recently changed to pampers and were shocked at how bad the pampers were in comparison!! Back to Lidl ones and wont be looking back!!

Just left the shop! We got everything we wanted and then some! Spent around 100 euro but would have probably spent double that at the likes of Tesco, dunnes or mothercare! And now I refuse to buy any more vests or sleep suits or muslin clothes until after baby is born!! :D

Good stuff, ye are all sorted so! I'm going in after lunch, will probably spend a fortune too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If you got the thermometer, test it! Mine doesn't work :( have to take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Aldi in Clonee didn't get any vests, sleep suits or thermometers in. I had to go to Ashbourne to get any

Ah January there's nothing worse then when ya buy something and it doesn't work!! God I hope they have the vests and babygro's in my local one, its them and the muslin's I'm stuck for!

Aldi in Clonee didn't get any vests, sleep suits or thermometers in. I had to go to Ashbourne to get any

Well, that's a lie, because I bought my thermometer there this morning, and returned it and got a replacement less than a half an hour ago. (You have to ask at the register for them because they're in the cash office). And they did get sleep suits in because the girl behind me in the queue half an hour ago had two packets of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

January wrote: »
    Well, that's a lie, because I bought my thermometer there this morning, and returned it and got a replacement less than a half an hour ago. (You have to ask at the register for them because they're in the cash office). And they did get sleep suits in because the girl behind me in the queue half an hour ago had two packets of them.

I can assure you that I am not lying. I was mearly passing on what I was told by a staff member at 9.30am this morning in an attempt to assist anyone else intending to shop there

January wrote: »
    If you got the thermometer, test it! Mine doesn't work :( have to take it back
    Good to know I'll test mine out now!!

I wonder if certain locations sold out of sleep suits and stuff super fast? I was in a throng of people grabbing for stuff I had to be fairly assertive to get what I wanted!

I can assure you that I am not lying. I was mearly passing on what I was told by a staff member at 9.30am this morning in an attempt to assist anyone else intending to shop there

Well then the staff member was lying to you. They were there. :)

I never specified that you were lying though. Sorry if you took it up that way.

There must be a baby boy boom up this direction,could only get one pack of babygro's and one pack of Vests in the boys colours. Oh and got a packet of spoons:) I thought those little tommy tippie pots were not worth a dam the little size of them! So all n all a very disappointing trip :(

I think there is a baby boy boom everywhere! When I was there everyone was grabbing blue as well and pushing around the pink! The baby tights weren't even touched and all the little girls socks were left behind! Hope you can get some more!
    I found the thermometer great! Fast, accurate and I can put it in Fahrenheit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Sleep suits and vests are being recalled due to poppers coming off

• Advertisement
Advertisement