Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnancy and broken bones

Options
  • 15-09-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm 20 weeks pregnant and still feeling exhausted. I had a minor accident at 12 weeks and have broken leg, ruptured ligaments etc which means I've been on crutches for the last 8 weeks so I'm not sure if the tiredness if related to dragging my enlarged self around on crutches or related to being pregnant. I keep hearing about this burst of energy pregnant women get at a certain stage and just wondering when will this happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I never got it and on my third pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Im coming into my 22nd week and still havrnt found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Awww poor you I can't imagine, and being in a car wreck pregnant? So scarey! I found I had a lot more energy in the second trimester. It wasn't a burst per say but I felt more normal. Only starting to get tired again now at 28 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know that not everyone gets this burst of energy. Hopefully another few weeks on crutches and then I'll be able to focus on being pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

I'm not sure if it helps but I've had more energy since about 30wks. I think it's a false energy though, i'm exhausted but i find mentally i really want to be tidying/organising/cleaning, it's more that i'm more motivated than i have more energy. In the past few weeks i've totally cleared out our attic and re-organised it, it had been bugging me for months & months since before i was expecting but only now could i drag myself (& my big bump) to do it. I'm putting it down to the nesting instinct :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I was constantly exhausted throughout. I was a little better from 24 weeks til around 30ish, but then wreaked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NBO

It gives me some hope that i'll get energy around 24 weeks! I know some of my tiredness is from trying to manage crutches, I'm using muscles I never knew existed.

Advertisement