Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to get a suit for an interview Tuesday

Options
  • 15-09-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

just found ive a job interview Tuesday, and I need a new suit for it.

any recommendations? budget upto €150 maybe. where to go?

anywhere open today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    just found ive a job interview Tuesday, and I need a new suit for it.

any recommendations? budget upto €150 maybe. where to go?

anywhere open today?

Try suits direct in eastway business pk, they have deals on now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

thanks. I'm not familiar with the area, where about is eastway business park?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You'll get a grand suit in any of the men's shops in town for 150, it wouldn't be great but would look fine for the first few wears, i assume you won't be wearing it that often, there's always a sale on somewhere.
    Someone in my family got all their wedding suits, best man etc in the Ballysimon places Cork branch and they were a disaster after being drycleaned just once.

Make sure not to leave it till monday as you'll have to have it altered.

thanks. how much would I have go spend to get something good? I'll likely be using it quite a few times, cause the interviews are for co-op, and seeing as I'm spending €150, I'd like to be able to use it in the future.

• Advertisement

For about 250 you'll get a lovely suit that would be as good as designer, if you go into Connollys they'll try to sell you Remus, they're fine but have a look at others, they have a good selection in there but have a look up on Thomas Street and around there, like i said there will be a sale on somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Tesco have a nice charcoal suit atm out in the Cresent, and twas half price when I saw it last.

If you aren't going to be wearing it all too often no point in putting out a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The Snipe wrote: »
    Tesco have a nice charcoal suit atm out in the Cresent, and twas half price when I saw it last.

If you aren't going to be wearing it all too often no point in putting out a fortune.

Picked one up in Tesco for 50e was perfect , I would not spend 150 on a suit unless you are currently employed

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I got a very decent suit in Noel's on Wickham Street for close to that budget last Christmas. Good for all formal occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bazz26 wrote: »
    I got a very decent suit in Noel's on Wickham Street for close to that budget last Christmas. Good for all formal occasions.

+1 for Noel's

• Advertisement

Well I went to a few shops, and was least impressed with connolys. I obviously didn't look important enough cause no one was interested in helping me, so I approached a gent and he fobbed me off to another lad, who disappeared for 10min before telling me I can't afford remus.

I enquired about the 'half price sale' on suits that was advertised, but it appears that's limited to sports jackets or something.

ended up in a curious shop called 'the sale shop' who also sold the very same remus suit I was looking at in Connollys, but for €150 instead of €300.

found a 'Robbie' pin stripe suit I preferred, lovely old fella talking me through everything, and was delighted to find there was a further 20% off the marked price, which was already discounted.

totalled €151 for suit, shirt and tie.

OT: anyone know the story with the mini festival that was on? fire blowers, music etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think its called elemental or something! http://www.elementallimerick.com/

Well I went to a few shops, and was least impressed with connolys. I obviously didn't look important enough cause no one was interested in helping me, so I approached a gent and he fobbed me off to another lad, who disappeared for 10min before telling me I can't afford remus.

I enquired about the 'half price sale' on suits that was advertised, but it appears that's limited to sports jackets or something.

ended up in a curious shop called 'the sale shop' who also sold the very same remus suit I was looking at in Connollys, but for €150 instead of €300.

found a 'Robbie' pin stripe suit I preferred, lovely old fella talking me through everything, and was delighted to find there was a further 20% off the marked price, which was already discounted.

OT: anyone know the story with the mini festival that was on? fire blowers, music etc.

Fair play, never too impressed with Connolys service either, strange thing is that the "Sale shop" is a connolys outlet, good luck on tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

The funny thing is Tony Connolly owns the sale shop. So I guess they were helpful in the end haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

just go into river island, have 2 sharp suits from there..u wont pay any more than 115-120

already got it thanks. didn't think of river island, but I'm happy enough.

why does Connollys have a shop that under cuts themselves on the same gear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

already got it thanks. didn't think of river island, but I'm happy enough.

why does Connollys have a shop that under cuts themselves on the same gear?

It is usually old stock, excess stock, odd sizes and stuff they just want to get rid of. Nothing wrong with the clothes, great deals to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tesco, they're more "court suits" than "interview suits" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Which street is "the sale shop" on or near?

just off O'Connell street next to the Diesel brand shop. behind supermacs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

just off O'Connell street next to the Diesel brand shop. behind supermacs.

Thanks, had they much of a selection?

Will have to find myself a suit soon for interviews in college for placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

You're in luck. I found a suit jacket in the backseat of my cab tonight so it's yours for the right price :p

yea a pretty big selection. no where near Connollys, but its also half the price. the old lad there was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I got my all in inclusive suit ( Wedding, Funeral, Interview etc) in Mike O'Connell on Catherine Street. I got a Remus suit for €149 on sale of course. Great value for a good quality suit.

I tried all the other usual places in town including that place in Eastway and either they were off the scale expensive, unhelpful or just nasty in the case of the place in Eastway.

Yeah they have suits from €99 but you wouldn't wash the floors with them. Their normal suits then are pretty much normal prices.

Most mens wear shops in Limerick just said "Your size is on that rail" and left you to you to it or tried to offer you styles the couldn't shift on a normal day.

The guys in Mike O'Cs were gentlemen and had a good selection of suits with good pricing. I did have an issue with the suit(small seam gone - not their fault) and I brought it back with no issue, fixed within the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Lads penneys are doing decent suits.
    €55 for a jacket and trousers. Try beating that!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Actually in fairness one of my suits in the past came from Heatons and I was in there last night(Childers road) and there was a nice suit in there. Jacket was €50 and the pants was ??? I didn't check. The quality of the materials seemed fine and I'd happily buy another suit from Heatons if I didn't have one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

I bought a suit and shoes in Tesco years ago for less than €80...wore it interviewing for six companies and was offered five positions over the years. I bought all the suits for my groomsmen in Penneys last year, they cost about €60 a pop for a three-piece and they were remarkably similar to my expensive one.....there are a lot of bad cheap suits out there, but that doesn't mean that you can't find a good one!!

Advertisement