Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Law Hearing

Options
  • 15-09-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My wife has made allegations about me and took out an application for a barring order, etc, social services are involved and she has turned the children against me, i even had to leave my home after the allegations for fear.

im up for a hearing for the barring order, maintaince, access and i'm thinking about not turning up, i've not seen them for 8 months, she's refusing access, the kids do not want to see me, i've nothing to loose, except my time on the day and my digninity by going into court and having a judge talk down to me.

has anyone refused to show on the day of the court hearing, i do'nt know what to do being honest i'm very emotionally unstable and liable to make rash unwise descisions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - we cannot give you legal advice here. Can I though strongly recommend that before you do what you are planning you talk to a solicitor?
    You need to get the full facts about the consequences here laid out for you in stark black and white.

It might also be useful to talk to a professional counsellor to help you deal with your emotions, as long as you are letting your choices be dictated for you like this you really have no control over anything that happens to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Terrible situation for you to be in. I agree totally what has been said above.
    You NEED to show up in court more so for yourself, you cannot let her dictate how and when you see your children. Let court decide.
    Put some feelers out where you are about a good family law solicitor, with their help and your evidence you should have a good case to have your say in court.
    I've been in a similar situation and I can honestly say counseling does help, just for someone impartial to hear how you feel and listen is so good.
    You need to look after yourself, if you like a drink just slow down or stop as it plays havoc with emotions.
    Surround yourself with family and friends, very very important.
    Eat well, plenty of fruit and veg. Regular exercise, even walking just get out and clear the brain and it will help dramatically.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭velosolex

You should contact "http://www.uspi.ie/" Eamonn friendly advice dispensed from members in a similar situation to yourself. Meetings held Monday 8PM - 10PM upstairs at Smiths pub Fairview or Tuesdays 8PM - 10PM St. Aengus Community Center,
    Tymon North,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin 24

I would also advise you to contact AMEN based in Navan 046 9023 718 who operate a free counselling and advice service.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 9seamie

I strongly recomend you use paytons advise. ive been going through this sh.....t for 6 years now and it dont get any easier as time passes. lifestyle choices are very important, you need to look after yourself and your own mental health before you can deal with any of this.
    Dont skip the court hearing it will be worse for you in the long run
    please visit your GP there is alot of help available to guide you through this hard time n most of it is free.
    I could talk for the night about this but the most important thing to remember is to look after yourself because if you aint in the right frame of mind this will get the better of you. your kids will see the truth eventually
    there is light at the end of the tunnel believe me.
    best of luck

Advertisement