Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio rights for englands tour to India

Options
  • 14-09-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Anybody know ( for definite) who has the radio rights for England's tour to India ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kierkegaard

Test match special have the official radio rights tied up for England series I think, they usually do. They also usually restrict the streaming rights which means you have to put up with the crackle and hum of trying to listen to it on longwave.
    As an alternative I'd suggest Test Match Sofa, they stream their own commentary live over the internet free of charge at www.testmatchsofa.com and will be covering the tour to India as well as the T20 world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

I use VPN express on I phone for any blocked cricket , that test match sofa commentary is the pits to be honest .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kierkegaard

It's not to everyones taste I'll admit, what did you not like about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Test Match Sofa can be quite enjoyable, though I did prefer it more in the early days. If I can't watch a match I usually listen to them. TMS can be a little dry.

ECB sold the rights earlier this year for the next few years and the Beeb won the deal. I'd be surprised if anyone else would bid for them.

The beeb have all the home rights , the test match sofa think there funny which they are not , a lot of the TMS team very entertaining , blowers, tuffers and aggers himself .

• Advertisement

Thought I'd bump this.

The BCCI approached Sky and the BBC a while ago demanding extra payments in excess what was agreed long ago for the TV and radio rights for this tour. The BCCI say this is a fee to install "facilities" at each ground for Sky and the Beeb and that Sky must pay £500k and BBC £50k. Sky have already told them to do one and will commentate from London while the BBC are still trying to do a deal as they feel there is little point commenting from London when Test Match Sofa do the same. Even though BBC have the rights it could happen that the BBC don't bother with the series.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/india-vs-england-2012/bbc-fails-to-reach-agreement-with-bcci-over-demand-of-50k-pounds-fee_751039.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

BBC have reached agreement with BCCI for the radio rights anyway. Not sure what Sky are doing.

I hope the BBC didn't pay the money, or if they did the ECB reciprocates next time India are in town. Can't blame Sky for refusing to pay up. Viewing figures for test matches are probably fairly small anyway and these will all start at 4am and finish at lunch time in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Only reading about this now; absolutely shocking behaviour from the BCCI. The ICC really should be stepping in to intervene but somehow I really dont see that happening...

http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/windows/itinerant_two.asx
    Add this stream manually to your tune in app to hear abc grandstand coverage of aus v South Africa

• Advertisement

That links is not working for me could you please check the mp3 and acc link at 11.30pm tonight for me to see if its working thanks http://www.abc.net.au/sport/cricket/mobile-streaming/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

decies wrote: »
    That links is not working for me could you please check the mp3 and acc link at 11.30pm tonight for me to see if its working thanks http://www.abc.net.au/sport/cricket/mobile-streaming/

Streams posted on Boards need to be free-to-air and not copyrighted. It's not immediately clear that this stream is not copyrighted. If it is copyrighted, please remove it, or please confirm that it isn't.

Thanks.

That's up on grandstand digital page so no such problem with it.

Advertisement