Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketsoup

Options
  • 14-09-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi! Hope someone here can help!

I booked tickets to attend an event in SECC in Glasgow for my son as a birthday present - my daughter is studying there and to kill two birds with one stone he can visit her at the same time.

The problem is that after purchasing the tickets Ticketsoup state that they cannot post the tickets outside of the UK even though they charged postage and it was not stated at the point of sale - so I supplied them with my daughter's address but they are now saying that the tickets can only be posted to the cardholders address which they refuse to do or picked up in person by the cardholder an hour before the event. As the cardholder is not going to Glasgow I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Has anyone any advice on how I can resolve this? My son is already aware that we have bought the tickets and booked the non-refundable flights and will be seriously disappointed if he doesn't get to go!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

They may not say it at POS but they do mention it on their FAQ.

I would call them on +44 844 395 4000 and discuss the situation with them - see if you can get a refund on your card and rebook on your daughter's card. Or if they will accept pre-paid cards (e.g. Visa PrePaid) that your son could bring with him to allow him to collect the tickets at the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I had the same problem last year and I have to say, their customer service wasn't a very pleasant experience!
    They did however cancel the transaction for me after a lot of "we don't usually do this and you should have read the FAQ page". I had to ask my sister in the north to rebook the tickets and shipped to her house. I don't understand why they refuse to ship outside the UK.
    That said, its a brilliant venue, the acoustics are amazing and I was lucky enough to get front row seats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Success!!

I sent them a further email and had this text included taken from the www.onlineshoppingrights.co.uk › Internet Shopping

Complaints:
    You should be aware that legally, sellers are required to despatch your tickets in good time before the event. If this fails to happen, you should contact the seller directly to seek a refund or compensation.

I asked for the complaint to be escalated to someone who could help and I pointed out that a non refundable flight had been booked for this event and that I would be seeking compensation on that basis - problem solved :D

10 out of 10 for customer service :D Have learnt a valuable lesson tho! Should always read the small print!! Thanks for the helpful responses will get my daughter to do the UK bookings in future!!

Advertisement