Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locate Past Inquests

Options
  • 14-09-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello,

I recently got a death cert for a relative and found out an inquest was held due to the nature of death. I have checked the local papers around the time of it but it is not mentioned. Any idea where I could go to locate past inquests? It would be from the 1920's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Nothing very suspicious about an inquest most of the time, usually they are a matter of routine and do not make the papers. Death resulting from a list of causes is required to be notified to a coroner and an inquest then follows. For example, an inquest is required by law when the doctor certifying death has not seen the deceased within a defined timeframe before death, or if the cause of death is unknown.
    Contacts & details here http://www.coronerdublincity.ie/history.htm

Advertisement