Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Expressway buses display the next stop

Options
  • 14-09-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭

My mother who is deaf will be taking an Expressway bus trip soon and she needs to get off in Bray. She won't be able to hear any announcement of where the next stop is. Do Expressway buses have a display at the front saying what the next stop is? Something similar to Dart carriages perhaps?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

In a word, no.

Ask the driver to call you when at the stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks /dev/null,
    Do you think that the driver would physically come down the bus to tell my mother to get off (is this part of the service?). Because if he stays in his seat/front of the bus and shouts ,it doesn't matter if he uses a megaphone, my mother still won't hear him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Maybe print her out a picture of the stop - I 'think' (maybe someone can confirm) its the train station that the buses stop at and if so its a fairly distinctive building.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭josip

We know where the stop is in Bray: used to be a pub, now a gym and apartments. A hardcopy picture is a good idea. My mother is 75 and not so confident to travel by herself. Worst case scenario is we'll claim her from the lost and found in Busaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

She should inform the driver she is deaf when she boards the bus. She should also sit as close as possible to the driver on the journey. Most drivers will do their best to make sure she gets off at the correct stop safely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement