Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Grant or fee help that i can get?

Options
  • 14-09-2012 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I'm currently doing Undergraduate Course at (DBS) Dublin Business School ( Cultural Studies) because i wanted to do Psychology but i didn't pass my maths. After doing this course i will gain entry into Psychology in DBS. But i don't know if i would be able to afford it next year, however i managed to pay my fee this year. What should i do next year? to get a part-time job i need to get Stamp 4 .. i have Stamp 3 at the moment.
    i was wondering, Is there any fee help that i can get next year to keep my place in DBS otherwise my career would be ruined as i wont have money to pay my fee next year. My parents can't afford to keep me in private college, & i don't know if i will be able to do any other course in Government colleges. PLEASE help me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭saltyporridge

As Dublin Business School is a private college, even with Stamp 4 or other citizenship the most you'll qualify for is tax relief on fees - if your parents are paying tax in Ireland. Even if you go to a publicly funded college next year I'm pretty certain that you won't be eligible for a student grant (for fees or maintenance) from SUSI with Stamp 3 either.

I don't know if you can apply for Stamp 2 but that would allow you to work 20 hours per week during term time and 40 hours per week during holidays. It might be worth following up with INIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Also have a look at www.studentfinance.ie or give them a call...it's a one stop shop for all third level funding options

Advertisement