Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying fees & the grant?

Options
  • 14-09-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Starting a postgrad in DIT next week, was away for a while there so only getting around to registering now. Have applied for the grant and am sending out the documents to them, I was deemed provisionally eligible & did get the grant during my undergrad.

Now I see an option to say that you applied for the grant rather than paying the fees right now. I have been setting aside some cash to pay half the fees and can do that now.

I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and do that now, worst case scenario the grant gets rejected down the line and I have 5k fees to pay then. If I'm awarded the grant, will it be like refunding me and the money goes into my account? I'm a bit uneasy about waiting and then having to pay a big chunk of fees in a couple of months time.

What do you think? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

yes that would be it.

If you pay the 50% upfront and have also applied for a grant and then are subsequently awarded the grant DIT would refund you the money (depending of course what your grant covers (contribution charge or tuition or both). Not sure if its a bank account or cheque.

You actually have until Oct 31st to register by paying at least 50% of the fees so there is no rush. If you havent registered you cant get a student card etc.

http://dit.ie/registration/faqs/

Advertisement