Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSB & CE Scheme

Options
  • 14-09-2012 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

]Hi, I'm currently claiming JSB (doing X & O) and I also work 14 hours a week. These hours are spread out over a 3 or 4 day period. I'm finding it fairly hard to maintain myself (like everyone else). Does anyone know whether I'll be eligible for a CE Scheme?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Call into your local FAS office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

mp22 wrote: »
    Call into your local FAS office.

I intend to but I'd like to do some research before I call into her. They are not the most helpful in there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

kaiser31 wrote: »
    I intend to but I'd like to do some research before I call into her. They are not the most helpful in there.
    They will be the people who decide if working part time stops you getting a scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I know that some of them might seem very un-approachable and I think I know what ya mean that you'd like to be more knowledgeable about things beforehand before ya go in, but other than keeping track of the jobs menu on the Fás Website I don't know if there's much else ya can do in the line of researching. But from my own dealings with Fás, they didn't seem to take a person seriously at the start, they pretty-much wave ya away or give ya some leaflet about something or other to try fob you off, but after going in about 4/5 times they start to recognize ya. :D There's no call for being over-the-top or belligerent or anything like that, but they would log and record everyone that walks in the door and everyone that rings them, so, presenting yourself at the desk and asking a few questions about what ya need to know a few times, one day you're gonna walk in and they just won't be able to refuse / resist :pac: you anymore they'll have to say oh yeah you were here the other and the day before that etc., take a seat and somebody will be with you in a moment. :) And put in a phone call here and there if ya can, and this may stick in their mind. A small chance I know, but there could just happen to be a Scheme coming up, all the better if they remember ya, and of course having "expressed your interest" and shown that you want to do it this could work in your favour. :)

Advertisement