Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Ireland - which companies ship furniture?

Options
  • 14-09-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello there.

Me and my significant other is moving to Czech Republic and need a company to send our furniture and clothes there. Can anyone please suggest a company that doesn't cost a few hundred euros?

Kind Regards,
    Cecilie Rasmussen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

CecilieR wrote: »
    Hello there.

Can anyone please suggest a company that doesn't cost a few hundred euros?

I doubt such a company exists

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CecilieR

Most likely not, but at least the cheapest one then..

We have some clothes and small appliances, its not big things.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not relevant to Dublin City forum. Moved to Living Abroad.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 20,796 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Often the cheapest way is to go with a large haulage company who deal with shipping pallets. If you can fit your goods on 1 pallet and don't mind waiting a few weeks for delivery.

You could also try the likes of shiply.com and may have some luck.

I have a transport business but my service would be based on a dedicated load service, customer appointed collection and delivery times and direct delivery (next day to Czech Republic is possible). However the cost would be far higher than what you could find with a larger, part load company so it depends on the service you're after.

Good luck finding something but you shouldn't be expecting to not have to pay a few hundred Euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CecilieR

Thank you so much :) I have booked a quote from Shiply, hopefully it wont be too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Eh ... Furniture ? ..

I think your looking in the over 500 euro area.
    Would it not me easier just to sell/dump what you don't need and buy it there?

Advertisement