Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary School Curriculum Wanted!

Options
  • 13-09-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Recently started studying Primary Teaching Post Grad and am finding it near impossible to get my hands on a hard copy of the Curriculum documents and Teacher Guidelines! If there are any recently retired teachers who may have a set lying around or if anyone knows of any teachers who have a spare set please get in touch! I'm in Kerry but could collect from Limerick/Cork or anywhere close enough...

Many thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Buy it from the Stationary Office? If it's in print. They're in Molesworth Street, Dublin as far as I know. The Office of Public Works runs it so they'd be able to put you in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 delilahmac

Buy it from the Stationary Office? If it's in print. They're in Molesworth Street, Dublin as far as I know. The Office of Public Works runs it so they'd be able to put you in touch!

Thanks, they are actually out of print. Revised version in process but no date for when they will be released. Seems retired teachers are most likely option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

If you are studying primary teaching, student services should have issued you with a cd copy of the curriculum books on adobe. If not, try logging onto the ncca website or nccaplanning.ie and you will find all you need. You don't need the physical books at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

ian87 wrote: »
    If you are studying primary teaching, student services should have issued you with a cd copy of the curriculum books on adobe. If not, try logging onto the ncca website or nccaplanning.ie and you will find all you need. You don't need the physical books at all.
    I'm with OP, like to have the hard copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

Hi all. I am also looking for a hard-copy of these documents if anybody has any they would like to sell? Or if anyone knows any other means of picking up a hard-copy please let me know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I will look and see if there's a set lying around. How much ye willing to pay? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I will look and see if there's a set lying around. How much ye willing to pay? :P

The reason teachers are so willing to seek the docs is because they NEVER use them. It's all online. An absolute waste of €100 if ye insist on buying them.
    They are available to save on your computer and the ncca planner thing is very useful too. Print out a few pages if needs be for study reasons but you will never be asked to list them off verbatim in an interview. Sold mine off a few years and never needed them since. Binding of the books was shocking bad too and they wud fall apart if overused at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Oh I know this - I never use the hardcopies, but I gave my set to someone already!

Advertisement