Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get hoover bags?

Options
  • 13-09-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

where can i get hoover bags for an electrolux hoover? i tired dunnes stores but they didn't have any...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Ebay!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've seen a huge range of hoover bags in Tesco in Clare Hall. Also DID Electric, but they tend to be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I got some on ebay but ask in local electrical shops (support local business)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Amazon if you buy 20e worth you will get free postage you wouldn't need to buy all Hoover bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Power City do a large range of hoover bags but if it's an oddball model, there is a vacuum cleaner repair centre/spares shop in Monkstown, the shopfront is painted yellow and its across the road from the Catholic church on Carrickbrennan Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Try the pound shops also and im pretty sure ive seen them the odd time in the bigger tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

My wife bought a Henry vacuum cleaner yesterday for 140e in an electrical shop. I checked amazon to see how much they were, same one 124e delivered to the door:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

You can't get Hoover bags for an electrolux. You can get vacuum cleaner bags though.

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

Thinly veiled "I have a vacuum cleaner" post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If you're in Dublin there's a shop just across from the Garden of Remembrance that does bags for all sorts of vacuum cleaners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're in Dublin there's a shop just across from the Garden of Remembrance that does bags for all sorts of vacuum cleaners.

That's a spares shop at 9 Nth. Frederick St., their selection of bags for Electrolux are here.....

http://www.spareparts.ie/shop/shop/Dust-Bags.65/Electrolux-m7?layout=grid

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

The spare parts centre on North Frederick Steet is about twice as expensive as anywhere else. There is an extremely reliable Irish Seller on ebay who sells bags at half the price. A pack of most bags is around €5.00 and postage 50c. You can't do better than that!!!
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/better_value_by_far_2/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pokersauce

Don't buy hover bags on North Fredrick Street. The most ignorant staff I have ever encounter.

They were no help, couldn't find what I needed as the organisation is a joke, entire experience was ridiculous.

I posted only to inform people of this fact and it is a fact. I have no vested interest in directing you to another place so I will not advise somewhere else.

<snip>.

I am not looking to buy hover bags in "Brown Thomas", if you are looking to waste your time in a shop, be treated badly, and pay over the odds for Vaccum bags then by all means go to <snip>.

[Mod] Don't start arguments with other posters! [/Mod]

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

pokersauce wrote: »
    Don't buy hover bags on North Fredrick Street. The most ignorant staff I have ever encounter.

They were no help, couldn't find what I needed as the organisation is a joke, entire experience was ridiculous.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80802212#post80802212

I am afraid I have to agree with pokerface on this one, the shop is a mess and they are incompetent. I have been in the shop a good few times and every time I ask "How much is that" I get a response of "ehhhhhhhh emmmmmmm €25". I get the distinct impression that they make up the prices, however my worst experience was when I brought in a Nilfisk motor to them to be fixed only to be told it was banjaxed and I needed to purchase a new one. I did just that and a couple of months later a part in the back of the motor broke, back in I goes, to be told "Nilfisk don't sell that part but we might have a second hand one in back" Ok says I and out they come with a part and charged me €10 for it. It wasn't until later that I remembered that they had kept my banjaxed motor and in all probability I had just bought my own part back! I later googled the part and found it new on the internet for €5 :mad: I won't be going back!!

Advertisement