Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 7 problem

Options
  • 12-09-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Have just reformatted toshiba laptop, and installed a clean copy of windows 7 professional onto it, which came with a fujitsu laptop i already own. The installation went smoothly. This was until i went to activate windows and had difficulty. No where along the installation did i enter a product key - its almost as if the product key was already built into the Fujitsu cd? When i try to active windows, in control panel, under Windows Activation it says 3 days until automatic activation - activate windows now. Below this i have the option of change product key. ive selected the option of change product key, entered what i believe to be my product key, and it gives me the error code c004e003. Can anyone please help? im pulling out my hair

ps it also says product id 00371-oem-8992671-00007

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Did you take the product key from the sticker underneath the laptop and is it a second hand laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 petercurran1990

not second hand. the sticker underneath the laptop has worn away. i was able to download a program to tell me the product key. any suggestions?

does it give you a error code when you try to activate it and what happens when you click activate now - like a long list numbers and letter

• Registered Users Posts: 19 petercurran1990

error code c004e003.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dpaulod

Hi Peter,
    Just give Microsoft a call phone number is available here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929#Win7

• Advertisement

I assume you are connected to the internet. Most errors like that people downloaded a registry cleaner and then worked fine or else had to reinstall windows again or rang microsoft which is the worst phone system in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

to resolve this issue, go to this knowledge base from microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950755

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Product key from Fujitsu laptop won't work on a Toshiba, the key is for Fujitsu only..

Firblog wrote: »
    Product key from Fujitsu laptop won't work on a Toshiba, the key is for Fujitsu only..

i have used different oem disc's on various laptops, once its the same version of win7(home,pro,entre) and you input the product key under the laptop it should activate.

p.s. only some disc's ask for product key when installing, not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Monkeynut wrote: »
    i have used different oem disc's on various laptops, once its the same version of win7(home,pro,entre) and you input the product key under the laptop it should activate.

I had assumed that he was trying to activate with the key from the fujitsu; perhaps not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

You can't activate a Windows OEM version from another computer, as simple as that. Unless you have purchased Windows 7 Professional retail copy with the Fujitsu laptop you already own, you can't use it on another computer. If you do have a retail copy, you'll have to activate via phone and convince a MS rep that the previous installation on another computer has been deleted and is no longer in use.

Torqay wrote: »
    You can't activate a Windows OEM version from another computer, as simple as that. Unless you have purchased Windows 7 Professional retail copy with the Fujitsu laptop you already own, you can't use it on another computer. If you do have a retail copy, you'll have to activate via phone and convince a MS rep that the previous installation on another computer has been deleted and is no longer in use.

i read you post and was sure that i have done it before. so today i used a dell recovery cd windows 7, on my hp( win7 license), installed win7 and activated it from system properties...

i read you post and was sure that i have done it before. so today i used a dell recovery cd windows 7, on my hp( win7 license), installed win7 and activated it from system properties...

Thats a lot too do to prove a point! Virtual machine perhaps?

im a comp tech, so i have loads of pc's and lappy's at home. and of course work, so its not a bother. leave a machine for 20 minutes to install win7, while im doing something else. then check if it activates.

Torqay wrote: »
    im a comp tech, so i have loads of pc's and lappy's at home. and of course work, so its not a bother. leave a machine for 20 minutes to install win7, while im doing something else. then check if it activates.

Cool, I love it when someone else proves someone wrong who were 100% sure they were right!:pac:

areyawell wrote: »
    Cool, I love it when someone else proves someone wrong who were 100% sure they were right!:pac:

yeah im a pain, don't mean to be, sorry.

but here is original iso's from microsoft, you won't have problems with these..
    Windows 7 Home Premium x86 SP1 ISO

X17-24208.iso (bootable)
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 ISO

X17-24209.iso (bootable)
    Windows 7 Professional x86 SP1 ISO

X17-24280.iso (bootable)
    Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 ISO

X17-24281.iso (bootable)
    Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 ISO

X17-24394.iso (bootable)
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 ISO

X17-24395.iso (bootable)