Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Divide - Hercules Double IPA

Options
  • 12-09-2012 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

I can't find this anywhere and I've only tried it once, but it was heaven. I was told the brewery was having supply problems, but am holding out that an afficianado might just know somewhere that still stocks it. Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Have you tried ringing Drinkstore in Stoneybatter ? They often have nice beers hiding in their storeroom.

McHughs in Fairview(I think that's the name) would be worth trying too. I'd imagine that if there are any about that they could be close to their expiry date. I got some Great Divide beers recently and they were a few months gone(still tasted grand).

There are a few DIPA alternatives that are as good/better/cheaper if you cant get Hercules. Brewdog Hardcore, Flying Dog, Victory and Odell's all have one too. Southern Tier is the latest DIPA I've tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Martins and the Lilac are in Fairview and would be worth a shot, McHugh's are in Artane and Killbarrack, McHugh's often have stuff floating in the back that turns up too.

Alot of the Great Divide and Odells stuff seems to be out of date by the time we get it :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Alot of the Great Divide and Odells stuff seems to be out of date by the time we get it :mad:

Are yoi going of the date stamped on the labels?

Because those are freshness stamps and are the date they were bottled, not the best before date...

A lot of American breweries use this method, it's handy for IPA's because you can tell when it's freshest (young IPA's are hoppier) and Darker Ales because they tend to taste better as they get older. Deschutes even have a "best after" stamp on some of their beers (Black Butte Aniversary, The Dissident and The Abyss are 3 examples).

Most of the Odell IPA's I've seen here tend to have a freshness stamp of between 4 and 10 months previous, so If it says "11/12/2011" it means it was brewed on December 11th 2011, not it's best before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

I was talking to the staff in Redmonds a while back, was told that the Great Divide stuff was not going to be imported anymore. Basically the same thing happened as with Dogfish Head, the demand in the States became so big that they can't really be exporting until the expand. I still saw their beers on shelves for a few months after that but now they seem to be out. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

mchughs in artane have it in stock, seen a bottle on shelf this evening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Found it in McHughs Kilbarrack. Dear god what a fantastic beer. Thanks all.

Advertisement