Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child benefit

Options
  • 12-09-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi my dad is a widower and my younger brother turned 16 in feb but wasn't in school so the child beneit got stopped he has returned to school now and the school signed and stamped the letter last week to say he in school do you think they will back date since his last payment in feb or will they just give it from September from when he returned to school.
    Thank you for any replies..

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

They don't usually backdate child benefit unless the child in question was in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gee wee

mp22 wrote: »
    They don't usually backdate child benefit unless the child in question was in school.

Hi I thought as much thank you for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gee wee

Hi would anyone know how long t takes for child benefit takes to come back xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Will try this here rather than starting a new thread, I've a question on child benefit, hope the OP doesn't mind.

If a minor is living in Ireland but both parents are living overseas can the child still claim the child benefit, if attending school here? How would it be gone about?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Child benefit can only be claimed by a parent/legal guardian who are resident in the state.

• Advertisement
Advertisement