Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emergency college grant, need help asap!!!

Options
  • 12-09-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

just got a phone call an hour ago saying that theres a place that just became available in a agricultural college in Cavan and that i wish to pursue the course i must be available to start Monday not a lot of time i know.
    But can i even accept this because im from Waterford a long way away, and ill need an apartment in Cavan while studying but realistically i dont think ill have the finances to do this between travel and accommodation etc.
    but is there an emergency grant or anything that i can apply for or tell my situation to someone any info would be great, dont want to get my hopes up :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No - you would have to apply for a SUSI grant and that could take another 2 or 3 months to sort out.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 46 theNewGirl

Maybe you could consider some sort of student loan until you get your SUSI sorted out, it just depends how much the college education is worth to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 the mom

Hi, try www.svp.ie website and find number in your area. I believe all requests for help are for educational costs at the moment and you will be helped. good luck

Advertisement