Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ambulance respray dublin

Options
  • 12-09-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

voluntary ambulance service in dublin looking to get an ambulance sprayed from yellow to white for as cheep as possible. anybody know somewhere to get it done or even if someone will do it as a nixer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

there is no voluntary ambulance service in dublin, there's the ambulance services, HSE and DFB, then there's the volunteers who do first aid; civil defence, st johns, omac etc. if you are with the latter I guarantee your organisation's headquarters already know how to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Do a quick one on a respray and you will regret it, it's one of those things that needs to be done right. Do not just paint over the original colour I've seen 4x4 ambus that were originally blue and the white paint, little over a year later is flaking to reveal the original colour. It needs to be brought back to bare metal ideally and then brought up in layers of primer and white paint.

Budget about 3500-4000 euro for a full quality respray. That does not include decals.

Ohhh and @ D3exile, HQ (for us anyways) doesn't give a damn about how we get an ambulance on the road as long as it adhears to specs and color. Your on your own really....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

d3exile wrote: »
    there is no voluntary ambulance service in dublin, there's the ambulance services, HSE and DFB, then there's the volunteers who do first aid; civil defence, st johns, omac etc. if you are with the latter I guarantee your organisation's headquarters already know how to get it done.

That's funny I must tell all the APs, P's, EMTs, Nurses and Docs in our org they just do first aid.

Actually while I'm at it I must also remember to give PHECC a quick call and tell them theres no such thing as a voluntary ambulance services because they sure seem to think there is see here.
    PHECC wrote:
    There are a number of voluntary organisations which operate ambulance services nationally. These services are generally used to provide pre-hospital emergency care at public events. They also provide a back up service to the HSE for Major Emergencies.

Back into that know it all box of yours buddy

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

miju wrote: »

That's funny I must tell all the APs, P's, EMTs, Nurses and Docs in our org they just do first aid.

You do that and I'm sure all of the AP's P's Nurses and Doctors that presumably have those qualifications from their professional career would accept that what they do in the volunteer organisations is not an ambulance service, sitting in an ambulance for insurance purposes at an event or with a medics bag over the shoulder does not qualify as an ambulance service, it's first aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭sgthighway

You do that and I'm sure all of the AP's P's Nurses and Doctors that presumably have those qualifications from their professional career would accept that what they do in the volunteer organisations is not an ambulance service, sitting in an ambulance for insurance purposes at an event or with a medics bag over the shoulder does not qualify as an ambulance service, it's first aid.

Do you disagree with PHECC;
    There are a number of voluntary organisations which operate ambulance services nationally. These services are generally used to provide pre-hospital emergency care at public events. They also provide a back up service to the HSE for Major Emergencies.

Acting on behalf of an organisation (paid or voluntary) approved to implement Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) is one of the criteria for Practitioners (EMTs, Paramedics and Advanced Paramedics) to administer medications legally in Ireland.

CPG-Approved service providers are those who have successfully applied to Council for approval to implement PHECC's CPGs. The 3rd Edition CPGs are the latest version and approval for these gives a wider scope of practice to the Practitioners than hear to fore.

Voluntary service providers listed here are approved to implement PHECC's 3rd Edition Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs)
    • Order of Malta Ambulance Corps
    • Irish Red Cross
    • St. John Ambulance Brigade of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 darragh1993

They also provide a back up service to the HSE for Major Emergencies.
    look at the likes of omac (order of malta ambulance corps) we provide first aid and ambulance cover for events. but when they need help the hse and dfb ask us to work along side them to provide the same service and this i have personally done myself many times

if you want to go to technicality smart ass even a paramedic on the side of the road working for dfb is only giving "first aid" as first aid is anyone who helps the patient first and before they get to hospital

now that thats off my chest ...... anyone able to help with painting my ambulance ???

Job protectionism much, shop steward?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Most voluntary services don't care too much about the repaint of their second hand vehicles, they'll adapt the look of the vehicle so that the branding is correct but things like a red and yellow battenberg from the DFB still present on a Civil Defence ambulance isn't really going to be addressed, it's what's inside the ambulance that the money (what little there is these days) is going to be spent on.

flazio wrote: »
    Most voluntary services don't care too much about the repaint of their second hand vehicles, they'll adapt the look of the vehicle so that the branding is correct but things like a red and yellow battenberg from the DFB still present on a Civil Defence ambulance isn't really going to be addressed, it's what's inside the ambulance that the money (what little there is these days) is going to be spent on.

We've to have yellow and red battenburg, won't accept anything else in OMAC. It's as much corporate image as anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

This is something that i find a tad confusing.

Are Ambulances supposed to have green/yellow battenburg markings or not?

Whilst the organisation that I'm a member of, generally doesn't have battenburg on their vehicles, the Division of which I'm a member has an Ambulance and the battenburg is highly visible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 xperi

corporate image my ass & we wont accept anything else lol. i know of at least 1 OMAC ambo with red & blue decall thats still on the road every day, so that blows ur corporate image out of the water, & with headquarters in a fine mess , about sums up OMAC

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    This is something that i find a tad confusing.

Are Ambulances supposed to have green/yellow battenburg markings or not?

Whilst the organisation that I'm a member of, generally doesn't have battenburg on their vehicles, the Division of which I'm a member has an Ambulance and the battenburg is highly visible.

There is some EU directive that says they all have to be yellow to. AFAIK Ireland some trusts in the UK and Denmark are using it.

The differences between the orgs is probably a good thing, they're all quickly recognisable as ambulances and its quick enough to differentiate between the orgs (RC, OMAC, CD or what have you)

xperi wrote: »
    corporate image my ass & we wont accept anything else lol. i know of at least 1 OMAC ambo with red & blue decall thats still on the road every day, so that blows ur corporate image out of the water, & with headquarters in a fine mess , about sums up OMAC

I know several older OMAC vehicles for example using the old blue+red markings. Probably nearing end of life and not worth respraying. Generally on vehicles from the 90's to early 2000s. Anything new has to adhere to the SOP regarding vehicle markings.

Old Markings

5703785571_68b3c58234_z.jpg

New

527293_4493989191492_1912696906_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

If HQ are insisting that you respray your ambo/get new battenburg then ask them where it can be done & at what cost? Also if ye are really brave then ask them to help fund it :P That 01 ford in the pic above is still on the road weekly in that colour.

& Bilko its a EU recommendation that ambulances become CEN complaint, which also involves colour. More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEN_1789

Advertisement