Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns From Redwolf?

Options
  • 12-09-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi Im new to airsoft, Im looking to buy a gun from redwolf.com

Has anyone dealt with them before?? also the gun power is 350.0 fps?

Is that legal in this country..

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

phlex wrote: »
    Hi Im new to airsoft, Im looking to buy a gun from redwolf.com

Has anyone dealt with them before?? also the gun power is 350.0 fps?

Is that legal in this country..

Thanks in advance guys.

In where you posted this thread there is a load of useful info on "Airsoft in Ireland", This covers the brands and all that etc.

Above that you have a section regarding the law and all that in Ireland.

At the very top you will find a section titled New to airsoft ask questions here or something to that effect so that will also help.

But to answer your question no that gun is not legal, it is classed as a firearm and will be ceased by customs. Our limit is 328fps (feet per second) any thing exceeding this is treated as a firearm and is illegal.

If you wish to buy an pistol or rifle buy it from a reputable Irish retailer not only are you buying Irish bla bla but you can be guaranteed that it will not exceed 328 fps.

Hope this helps, welcome to the sport and your bank balance being drained :).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭phlex

Thanks for getting back to me

I have a p90 at the moment and the box it came in states it shoots 350-380 fps with a 2gram bb.
    Now I havent actually chronographed the gun but Im presuming because I got it in a well known Irish retailer that the things perfectly legal.

What Im getting at is the guns obviously been downgraded to less power. So If I import A 350fps gun. How will customs know if its been downgraded or not???? I mean the gun I own right now probably wouldnt make it through customs?

Its just the gun selection In Irelands pretty terrible and the prices are a rip off...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

What Im getting at is the guns obviously been downgraded to less power. So If I import A 350fps gun. How will customs know if its been downgraded or not???? I mean the gun I own right now probably wouldnt make it through customs?

They test it with a chronograph..if it's over a joule it's destroyed. Your gun, having been bought from an Irish retailer should be under the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Thanks for getting back to me

I have a p90 at the moment and the box it came in states it shoots 350-380 fps with a 2gram bb.
    Now I havent actually chronographed the gun but Im presuming because I got it in a well known Irish retailer that the things perfectly legal.

Its just the gun selection In Irelands pretty terrible and the prices are a rip off...

Your gun was downgraded to make it legal (well it should have). When retailers here order rifles they get them downgraded so they do not fire above 328fps. The box on my rifle states 400fps but it only fires 315fps.

You can always ask a retailer to import one for you, cost a bit extra but least it wont be seized. Second option is to get it downgraded I think ehobbyasia do this not sure how much and to tell you the truth I have not a bulls notion if redwolf do downgrades at a extra cost.

Really appreciate all the feedback! I'll look into downgrades then. Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Redwolf do do downgrades, I've had it done in the past. I would say though, with the euro not being as strong against the dollar as it once was, downgrading, shipping and then VAT and handling fees I really don't think it's worth importing aegs anymore. If you can get it in Ireland, do it, it looks cheaper on the catalogue but factor in all those charges, it's actually not cheaper.

jayod30 wrote: »
    Redwolf do do downgrades, I've had it done in the past. I would say though, with the euro not being as strong against the dollar as it once was, downgrading, shipping and then VAT and handling fees I really don't think it's worth importing aegs anymore. If you can get it in Ireland, do it, it looks cheaper on the catalogue but factor in all those charges, it's actually not cheaper.

Thats great to hear. I've checked every Irish airsoft supplier and no one has the model I want. Its a pistol at 350 fps heres a link

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_KSC_KSC_M93R_II_System_7_Full_Metal.htm

Guns an absolute beauty!!!! Can you tell me how you went about downgrading it???? I've sent them numerous mails but no one has replied.
    Did you deal with the UK office?? Also Does anyone know for a fact If I can order this thing through an Irish retailer?? Im making it a mission of mine to get this thing I'll actually do whatever it takes haha!

Thats great to hear. I've checked every Irish airsoft supplier and no one has the model I want. Its a pistol at 350 fps heres a link

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_KSC_KSC_M93R_II_System_7_Full_Metal.htm

Guns an absolute beauty!!!! Can you tell me how you went about downgrading it???? I've sent them numerous mails but no one has replied.
    Did you deal with the UK office?? Also Does anyone know for a fact If I can order this thing through an Irish retailer?? Im making it a mission of mine to get this thing I'll actually do whatever it takes haha!

I may be wrong here but as far as I know pistols can't be downgraded. I stand to be corrected, just telling you what I've heard. If correct then this is a non runner, no shop will import it and it will most likely be seized amd destroyed by customs as they're starting to get a lot stricter these days.

As for dealing with Redwolf, I've always dealt with them from their HK base, replying to emails may take a couple of days but they've always replied

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

pistols can be downgraded, its a simple job for the most part.

Cool cheers for all the replies lads! I emailed a couple of Irish retailers to see If they can import the thing for me.
    Hopefully redwolf can downgrade it to Irish legality standards and ship it across. I'll just ring them, Iv got the UK number.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

You could run it off of 134a to ensure it is under powered, or install an NPAS kit for system 7 pistols.

You can downgrade pistols by restricting gas flow through floating valve/air nozzle, restrict the hammer spring or the gas flow at the mag (though that then needs to be done for every mag). You can cut the barrel, drill the barrel, drill the air nozzle, file the valve knocker - lots and lots of options.

The absolute quickest and easiest, by far, is just to run it off of 134a/duster gas :P I know that doesn't help with customs, but not everything is just about it getting through...it's about legal usage etc.
    If it were me, I'd cut the barrel - barrels are very easy to come by :)

thermo wrote: »
    pistols can be downgraded, its a simple job for the most part.

I stand corrected

Inari wrote: »
    You could run it off of 134a to ensure it is under powered, or install an NPAS kit for system 7 pistols.

You can downgrade pistols by restricting gas flow through floating valve/air nozzle, restrict the hammer spring or the gas flow at the mag (though that then needs to be done for every mag). You can cut the barrel, drill the barrel, drill the air nozzle, file the valve knocker - lots and lots of options.

The absolute quickest and easiest, by far, is just to run it off of 134a/duster gas :P I know that doesn't help with customs, but not everything is just about it getting through...it's about legal usage etc.
    If it were me, I'd cut the barrel - barrels are very easy to come by :)

Lovely bit of advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭johnmc_carthy

Check out taiwangun.com, polish site, you can get a cyma ak for E100 including downgrade and shipping, if you buy the spring they downgrade for free.

Your gun was downgraded to make it legal (well it should have). When retailers here order rifles they get them downgraded so they do not fire above 328fps. The box on my rifle states 400fps but it only fires 315fps.

You can always ask a retailer to import one for you, cost a bit extra but least it wont be seized. Second option is to get it downgraded I think ehobbyasia do this not sure how much and to tell you the truth I have not a bulls notion if redwolf do downgrades at a extra cost.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE!!! ehobbyasia have the gun I want! and the downgrade options really cheap! Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE!!! ehobbyasia have the gun I want! and the downgrade options really cheap! Delighted!

be ware of Ehobby mate, I've ordered from them every summer for the past 3 years and they're great, the stock they have in is amazing, and they're standard delivery time is great too but their P+P is a killer, also you're still going to have to factor in VAt at 23% and custom, I'd seriously consider asking a retailer first, some usually wait till more than one person asks for a special request, it means the item takes a bit longer but the postage is less :)

The price difference with ehobby is massive, sure you'd be mad not to:P

Advertisement