Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

serious need to sort this EDT out!!!

Options
  • 12-09-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi ive been asking around with people i know and noone seems to have a definite assurance of what i need answered. I first passed my theory test back in 2010.. but i did not send away for my licence until may 2011... the whole EDT lessons came into play in april 2011.. but really what i want to know is, do i have to do the whole 12 hours edt lessons or can i be exempt from it since i passed my teory test before the law? some people say i dont need to do them... others say i do... PLEASE HELP!!!! thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You do need to do the EDT lessons as they apply to anyone who has received their first learner permit on or after 4th April 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JUSTsomeBLOKE!

You do need to do the EDT lessons as they apply to anyone who has received their first learner permit on or after 4th April 2011.
    so it has nothing to do with the theory test? just once you had the licence after the 4th of april you'd have to sit the EDT?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The theory test doesn't affect it, it is only the date of issue of the learner permit which is printed onto the licence, so it's after 4th April 2011 then you need to do the EDT

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JUSTsomeBLOKE!

ok. thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

The theory test doesn't affect it, it is only the date of issue of the learner permit which is printed onto the licence, so it's after 4th April 2011 then you need to do the EDT

would that not be the first learner permit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

jamescc wrote: »
    would that not be the first learner permit?

Yes, only the first learner permit issued after 4th April 2011 is affected.

Advertisement