Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading RAM on Macbook Pro(Late 2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Macbook Pros are quite picky about the RAM they will use. I don't see them booting with 1600MHz RAM when they are designed to use 1333MHz RAM.

Do yourself a favour and put your MBP model number into the search tool on the Crucial website and order from them. They too will list 2x 8GB chips for your machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Crucial is a pretty handy site for RAM upgrades. They have a selection tool which shows which version is the right one for your Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Cheers lads for the heads up. Ordered the right set of RAM now. Much appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Sorry to hijack the thread. I've a macbook Pro 13" from Christmas 2009.

Currently its running 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 ram.

I was wondering if someone could suggest a suitable ram to upgrade it to that isnt as expensive as apple?

Cheers

Scortho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Scortho wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread. I've a macbook Pro 13" from Christmas 2009.

Currently its running 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 ram.

I was wondering if someone could suggest a suitable ram to upgrade it to that isnt as expensive as apple?

Cheers

Scortho

Crucial link posted above. Really cheap and will show what upgrades are available for your specific model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

DubDJ wrote: »
    Crucial link posted above. Really cheap and will show what upgrades are available for your specific model.

thanks a million Dubdj. There seems to be so many online and its hard to know if they're reliable or not!

Advertisement