Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition to English needed please.

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

F27A5CF5-31F7-440F-8212-5B4DDD84065E-303-000000080E5245B2.jpg

Translation would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

1. We recommended you change the radiator fluid for a new car after 3 years then every 2 years.
    2. To protect the cooling system and protect against corrosion, when you change or refill the radiator fluid, we recommend you Honda Pure Ultra radiator fluid, and avoid using water or unsuitable radiator fluid.
    3. Use the reserve tank when inspecting or refilliing the radiator fluid. Don't open the radiator cap.
    4. For details on the the radiator fluid weight/viscosity, its mentioned in the instruction manual, so please read this when inspecting or changing.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Thank you so much.
    Could you tell me what it says at the bottom too.
    I think it's something to do with ignition.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Don't know a word in Japanese but this looks for me like ignition timing set-up.

BTDC degrees at idle rpm for MT (manual transmission) and AT (automatic trnasmission)

MT: 12 deg at 800 rpm idle
    AT: 12 deg at 700 rpm idle

One of the 4 strokes in 4-stroke cylinder engines is:
    Compression - with all valves closed, the piston moves upwards, compressing the fuel-air mixture (which causes it to heat up). The top of the stroke is known as Top Dead Centre (TDC). Just Before Top Dead Centre (BTDC)
    (that's the timing we are looking for) the spark-plug discharges, igniting the fuel-air mixture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Not to sure about the word アイドル, but pretty sure its 'idle'?

Anyway direct translation,

Idle adjustment value MT car AT car(N range)
    Idle revolution (rpm) 800 700
    Ignition timing (btdc/rpm) 12/800 12/700

That's great. Thanks a million again.

When it comes to maintanence on certain parts of a Japanese car it's better be safe than sorry.

I suppose you won't mind me dropping in here for a translation every now and then:)

I wouldn't mind being able to read Japanese but I don't think I have the head for it. Maybe with the dark evenings coming in I might give it a go.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

ありがとう

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

TURRICAN wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind being able to read Japanese but I don't think I have the head for it. Maybe with the dark evenings coming in I might give it a go.

For this kind of material (cars) you can go a very long way just reading katakana.

Many of the words are just English words written in katakana. If you learn the symbols (about 50), you can "decode" the words without really knowing any Japanese.

For example in the picture you posted, you can see the words
    ラジエーター radiator
    リザーブタンク reserve tank
    アイドル idle
    レンジ range

and so on.

Unfortunately the picture also contains lots of other words that I can't read after years (and years!) of studying Japanese, so if you want to go the whole hog I hope you have a lot of dark evenings pencilled in!

Advertisement