Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations in Carlow

Options
  • 12-09-2012 1:25pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 5


    Hi Everyone,

    I am looking for a nice restaurant in Carlow town for this Sat.

    Its been a while since I ate out in Carlow, Lautrec's was were we usually went but just found out today that it is closed until Oct :(.

    The last time I was in Italian Connection the food was fine but there were 2 hen parties in there at the time which didn't really provide a great atmosphere for two 40 something couples trying to catch up.

    Can anyone recommend anywhere else that isn't Asian? My partner is not too fond of Asian food and loves nothing more than his meat and 2 veg :)


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E


    Lennons is excellent....

    http://www.lennons.ie/


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet


    Italian- Pompeii. Chinese-lotus. Indian- shapla tandoori.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen


    Joe's Chinese is nice.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5 NCon


    Thanks a million guys. Lennons closes too early so i think it will be Pompei.

    Thanks again


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir


    Always worth having a look on menupages.ie for some ratings and some menus for different places
    If he likes the standard steak dinner then I would have ot recommend Lautrecs (Link) or Brooks (Link)


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan


    Teach dolmen is pretty decent too


  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cabaret


    Lemongrass? Thai Restaurant (",)


  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life


    Pompeii is very good


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho


    NCon wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

    I am looking for a nice restaurant in Carlow town for this Sat.

    Its been a while since I ate out in Carlow, Lautrec's was were we usually went but just found out today that it is closed until Oct :(.

    The last time I was in Italian Connection the food was fine but there were 2 hen parties in there at the time which didn't really provide a great atmosphere for two 40 something couples trying to catch up.

    Can anyone recommend anywhere else that isn't Asian? My partner is not too fond of Asian food and loves nothing more than his meat and 2 veg :)
    ottostreet wrote: »
    Italian- Pompeii. Chinese-lotus. Indian- shapla tandoori.
    Joe's Chinese is nice.
    tommycahir wrote: »
    Always worth having a look on menupages.ie for some ratings and some menus for different places
    If he likes the standard steak dinner then I would have ot recommend Lautrecs (Link) or Brooks (Link)
    cabaret wrote: »
    Lemongrass? Thai Restaurant (",)

    Just sayin.....


    I'd second Teach Dolmen btw


  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof


    We visit Pompeii every month or so and find them consistently very good. Also very reasonable and not too dear for wine.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir


    tommycahir wrote: »
    Always worth having a look on menupages.ie for some ratings and some menus for different places
    If he likes the standard steak dinner then I would have ot recommend Lautrecs (Link) or Brooks (Link)
    Just sayin.....
    Doh! my bad! teaches me to read the op's post correctly 1st!
    There are a couple of threads on restaurant recommendations in the forum at this stage and the Teach consistently gets good reviews in each thread.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad


    The Golden Grill:D Try the liver and onions with chips and mushy peas:D:D


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien


    foggy_lad wrote: »
    The Golden Grill:D Try the liver and onions with chips and mushy peas:D:D

    Golden Grill? I'll have some of that, none of yer fancy shmancy stuff! :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E


    Brooks is pretty good too. Simple enough pub-style food, but very tasty.

    http://www.dinnri.com/brooks%20cafe%20bar.htm


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen


    Mr E wrote: »
    Brooks is pretty good too. Simple enough pub-style food, but very tasty.

    http://www.dinnri.com/brooks%20cafe%20bar.htm

    Best toasted chicken and stuffing sammich in town!


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc


    Just sayin.....


    I'd second Teach Dolmen btw

    Lautrecs is not asian though.
    I know it's too late for NCon now but don't forget the hotels have pretty decent restaurants too.

    Where did you go in the end NCon?


Advertisement