Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Finished/Leaving Part time job

Options
  • 12-09-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been working a part time job in a newsagents over the past three years while I've attended college. I've now graduated and have been looking for work over the summer, to no avail.
    I've decided to leave the part time job, as the hours are very irregular, from 12 hours one week to 24 the next. I'm hoping to start claiming the dole as it will give me a steady income while I search for a degree related job. I've always looked at job bridge as an option further down the line.

Anyway upon leaving my part time job, do I have to wait a few weeks before I can start claiming? Should I contact my social welfare office immediately or how should I go about it?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sign on the first day you are unemployed,bring ID, proof of address,P45 from you part time job.

Advertisement