Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Newsroom betting log.

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Been doing this for a while with some success so why not share the experience.
    Gonna be some obscure sports in here from Premiership Football to Australian Rugby, the odd horse and a dash of NFL and some other American sports.
    I am gonna start with a bank of 500.
    Will see how far I can spin it before New Years Day.
    First bet is indeed an Australian Rugby Union bet. Tasman are -8 @ 10/11 with all the major bookies against Southland. They are 1/4 to win and in fairness they should be slaughtering this crowd. To cover 8 points looks a pretty simple prospect. With that in mind we will get the ball rolling with a 100 win @ 10/11.

Just to let ye know there will be lay bets that can only be done on the exchanges but that wont be over often.
    So, lets hope we can get this up to 10k for 2013!

Newsroom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Newsroom

My first bet dont cover so I am down to 400.

The NFL gets the Newsroom treatment tonight.
    Gonna have a speculative 4 runner accum.
    Baltimore are strangely not the favs against the Philadelphia Eagles! Now, everybody thinks that if this Eagle team get firing they would be serious but as yet they are not. Baltimore are a solid outfit and gave a proper beating to Cincinnati last week. I like Baltimore to win here.
    Dallas are going to Seattle and owe them a beating after Seattle stumped them a few times recently. Dallas played very cool and clinical beating the Superbowl Champs Giants last week and another display like that will pay dividend here.
    Washington with their nuclear hot new QB RG3 are visiting the St. Louis Rams. The Rams put up an ok display last week against a stuttering Detroit but having seen this new Redskin team under Shanahan they have to be fancied to cover 3 points.
    Last but not least is my game of the weekend. The 49 ers V Detroit. A tempered finish to this tie last year gives this a super edge. The 49 ers under Harbaugh have a new swagger and disposed of the highly fancied Green Bay last week. Detroit had a tough time getting on top of the not at all fancied Rams. I see this continuing so I like the San Francisco to cover 7 points.

The bet is as follows
    Baltimore @ 27/20
    Dallas -3 @ 5/6
    Washington -3 @ 10/11
    San Francisco -7 @ Evens

A €50 accum will return €822.50
    So its a 50 accum for me.

Advertisement