Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toto

Options
  • 12-09-2012 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

Yeah! Toto! Just checking them out after listening to their outstanding work on the Dune soundtrack. As an example of good that soundtrack check this out, from 2.00 onwards probably the best piece of soundtrack music I've ever heard in my life, it screams 80s prog metal epic. Their pre mid 80s material sounds pretty good, like the sound of the Hydra album.

http://youtu.be/Bj7R_2WWdKs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Let me put you through to someone who can help

hold the line

regards

Big B - winner of Obvious Link Award 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

With Paich back in the band I would love to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

An incredible band! I'm glad that there are others who appreciate them! Saw them live in London last year. Fantastic gig! Met Bobby Kimball in Galway last year as well... A really nice, down to earth guy. Had a few drinks with him. A true gentleman.
    They're a collection of some of the finest musicians, and they've played on so many albums outside of Toto... Their discographies are crazy long! So sad to hear about Mike Porcaro... The Porcaro family have been through so much already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Any band that shares its name with the dog in 'The Wizard of Oz' is fine by me.
    I would be curious to know if any, or indeed, all of the band members could be accurately described as 'Friends of Dorothy'? If so, good luck to them.
    As Neil Young sang: keep on 'Rockin' In The Free World'
    or better still, as The Good Witch of the North sang: 'come out, come out, wherever you are'!

• Advertisement

9959 wrote: »
    Any band that shares its name with the dog in 'The Wizard of Oz' is fine by me.
    I would be curious to know if any, or indeed, all of the band members could be accurately described as 'Friends of Dorothy'? If so, good luck to them.
    As Neil Young sang: keep on 'Rockin' In The Free World'
    or better still, as The Good Witch of the North sang: 'come out, come out, wherever you are'!

Ya what now???

35th anniversary tour next year, would love to see them play here.

rednik wrote: »
    35th anniversary tour next year, would love to see them play here.

That would be awesome! I can't see it happening though. I think they only played here once, back in 1996. They played the Mean Fiddler in Dublin. I think we'll probably have to go to the UK to see them!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

wpid-742873_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mickserwillo

I seen them in the mean fiddler. awesome gig

• Advertisement
Advertisement