Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actuallylike's Law

Options
  • 11-09-2012 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

I'm absolutley sick of it, I really can't stand it anymore, if I hear another reference to it (incorrect ones at that) I'm going to be very, very angry indeed. To paraphrase Godwin, edited and updated for our present climate...
    "As an online discussion on boards.ie grows longer, the probability of a reminder that a man has gone to jail for 6 years for smuggling garlic approaches 1."
    Any time someone gets in trouble with the law, someone brings forward this little beaut as if this is the new measure of how people should be tried in this country.

And to paraphrase again, as soon as it is is brought up (don't worry, it will be, it's a limit of a sequence, you're not going to argue with maths are you?), the person that does so, automatically loses whatever debate they were involved in, and who knows, maybe infractions too?

Side decree:
    Anyone caught liking a post that breaks this law shall be charged with being an accessory to a geebag.

edit:
    I see already people have brought it up within this thread even? Allow me to clarify the law with a post from Gyalist
    Gyalist wrote: »
    Paul Begley was not convicted for smuggling garlic but for evasion of VAT and import duties.

Understand? Anyone who says he was jailed for smuggling garlic breaks the law (my law, not Irish law, some day maybe?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Anyone caught liking a post that breaks this law shall be charged with being an accessory to a geebag

If you don't mind I'll choose my own accessories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Can I be a Fascinator? You do know there was a man jailed for 6 years for fiddling with some garlic? That's shallot of time to get for what was a pretty minor offence. Somthing stinks about it. I doubt his lawyer knew his onions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I had nearly forgot about the garlic fella

also people leave out the bit about where he was importing the garlic from.

The Chinese - communist savages who are hard at work at taking over the world. Dealing with the Chinese is not something that should be encouraged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Gee Bag wrote: »
    What are the odds?!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

It was hitler nazi garlic too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Light up the garlic signal.
    Meanwhile in the garlic cave, garlic man and onion are fixing the garlic mobile.
    Theyre just as gay as batman and robin ...but they cant kiss or talk too close.

its late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

about tree fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

about tree fiddy

foe fiddy yo

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

about tree fiddy

foe fiddy yo

foe fiddy ...sheeet
    ima axe my babymomma to call the poe-leese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Rigol wrote: »
    foe fiddy ...sheeet
    ima axe my babymomma to call the poe-leese

for real yo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Pottler wrote: »
    Can I be a Fascinator?

Had to look up what a fascinator is....
    a lightweight, decorative head covering worn by women on formal occasions

I might look a bit metro-sexual, what with having a man strapped to my head, but I'm willing to take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

YEAH!! Nobody should point out one the prime examples of what's wrong with the judicial system in this country. Shhh, under the carpet with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

It's all because we've given billions to the bankers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I thought this thread was going to be about people from Cork, using the phrase "Actually Like" as some kind of argumentative rebuttal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

SOMEBODY GOT JAILED FOR SIX YEARS FOR SMUGGLING GARLIC?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

And to paraphrase again, as soon as it is is brought up (don't worry, it will be, it's a limit of a sequence, you're not going to argue with maths are you?), the person that does so, automatically loses whatever debate they were involved in, and who knows, maybe infractions too?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

davet82 wrote: »
    SOMEBODY GOT JAILED FOR SIX YEARS FOR SMUGGLING GARLIC?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

YES!!!! WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?? :eek:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/irishsun/irishsunnews/4184889/Six-years-jail-for-garlic-smuggler.html

Chucken wrote: »

my caps were on and i couldnt be arsed retyping it :P

and here was me thinking it was just a boards saying... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

There is a small but very important distinction. Paul Begley was not convicted for smuggling garlic but for evasion of VAT and import duties.

you do realise now, no matter what you are debating, the arguement to you will be about garlic :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

On a slight tangent, I love how the intellectually deficient think that any mention of Hitler/Nazis by those with an opposing view means that they have 'won' the discussion. It seems to be predicated on a misunderstanding of Godwin's Law (which is basically a humorous observation) as some sort of arbiter of internet right and wrong. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Gyalist wrote: »
    Paul Begley was not convicted for smuggling garlic but for evasion of VAT and import duties.

Which is a whole different barrel if apples.

Advertisement