Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colonialism 1600AD - 17th century mod wip

Options
  • 11-09-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

I'm starting this thread to show you a work in progress of a forthcoming mod I and a couple of others are working on for Empire Total War on the PC. The basic idea is to take the setting back to the 17th century (1600s) as opposed to the current 18th century setting. The mod will also incorporate Adrian74 (a modder on twcenter.net)'s Unitbooster mod for Islamic/Indian subcontinent units. I have his permission for this. The emphasis will be on the colonial trading companies, including the London/Plymouth/various East/West India companies. Reflecting historical facts, the role of armour will decline as century proceeds, and bayonets will not be available early on, forcing you to recruit more pikemen to withstand cavalry.

Also early units will use the slow matchlock-musket and fork-stand and (for some factions) late units the faster flintlock.

You can get a preview of it here. Suggestions welcome.

lateofficer.png

forks.jpg

aus1.png

car.png

dutchreiters.png

k.png

lighthal.png

ls.png

rusod.png

spanishofficerlookslikeenglishadmiral.png

earlygen.png

mid3.png