Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No valves on water feed to washer/dryer

Options
  • 11-09-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hi all, the old washer/dryer has bit the dust and the new one is being delivered tomorrow. Was happy to disconnect the old machine/install the new one, but have a problem with the cold water feed into the machine - there's no valve on it. This means that I can't turn off the water feed and when I disconnect the hose from the back, I get water spraying everywhere. The old washer dryer was from before my time so I've no idea how it was installed. Any tips on ways around this? Cheers!

Comments

I'm assuming that the machine was in the house before you moved in, there may be a valve further back along the pipe, otherwise you'll need to turn off the water at the stopcock and drain the system (turning on the kitchen tap).

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Thanks for the reply, figured this one out late last night. There actually was a valve along the pipe, but the handle (?) for the valve was gone and only the little nub was left. Was able to turn it off with a pliers, didn't get too wet. Cheers!

Advertisement