Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IF I GO ON THE FAMILY INCOME SUPPLEMENT SCHEME DO I NEED TO SIGN ON MONTHLY

Options
  • 11-09-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi all hope ye can hlp me.
    im had a very postive feedback from an interview.
    possible coming home with 380+ a week after tax fingers X 'd
    i am claiming for my partner 1daughter and i.
    If i go on the FIS scheme what is the full story with it
    will my partner or i still need to do the monthly sign on.
    and will i get nothing for partner and child
    please help explain clearly the booklets is all jargon

kindest regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

From what I can make of your post:

You will get 60% of the difference between your weekly pay ie €380 and €505

That's €75 per week.

You will not have to sign on.

You apply as you are working.
    It takes 20 weeks minimum to be awarded.
    You only get it for 1 year, than you have to apply again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

if you get the job your partner should inquire about claiming a jsa payment for himself. Any payment he gets will be assessed when applying for fis but he cant claim for you but he should get something and i think he could get half rate for the kids
    im sure the social welfare office will tell you which you would be better off claiming. if your payment and his payment go over 505 you cant claim fis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Get your partner to apply for jsa while you are awaiting FIS (fis can take anything up to 20+ weeks to process). FIS will inform you when your claim is processed as to which is the better option for you as a family. Your partner may still get some jsa payment when fis is granted.... the adult dependent will be removed and they will get half rate child dependent but their means from your employement will also be halved.

Edit. The above advice only applies if your partner is actually looking for work. If your partner is not looking for work you can go to the community welfare officer and they make give you a top up payment of supplementary welfare allowance while you are waiting for FIS to be processed.

Advertisement