Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 12th Keynote - Rumour Roundup & Live Blog

Options
  • 11-09-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

apple-iphone-5-invite_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Ahead of the September 12th announcement I thought i'd throw together a list of what's expected to be unveiled according to rumours. Also a few links to the different liveblogs who'll be covering the event.

Next generation iPhone
    Apple are expected to announce the newest iPhone to the lineup. Rumoured to be called the iPhone 5. It will have a new 4" screen and smaller 9 pin dock connector (first time both have changed since the original iPhone), LTE - Long Term Evolution, new two-tone metal and glass back, improved internal specs - such as 1GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, improved camera, and a better battery life. The headphone port will be moved to the bottom of the iPhone, with a rumour suggesting Apple will be including redesigned earbuds. It will also be running Apple's latest version of iOS - iOS 6. It is also to be first phone to support the new Nano-sims. Also a report today suggests a new Panorama feature being added to the Camera app. The US release date is set to be September 21st with Ireland getting the phone 1-2 weeks after the US (Possibly October 5th). The possibility of preorders is still unconfirmed for Ireland however the US will probably have a September 14th pre-order date. Price wise it should remain at the same price points as the 4S. The 3GS is expected to be discontinued and replaced by an 8GB iPhone 4 - selling for €349. The new iPhone will likely be the main focus of the event.

iPod line-up refresh
    The iPod range is also expecting a refresh at tomorrow's event. The iPod Touch is rumoured to be updated internally, with a possibility of a newer high priced iPod Touch completely redesigned. Sporting a new 4" screen just like the new iPhone. With the older model being sold at an entry level price.
    The iPod Nano could also get a new redesign, sporting a possible longer design, also supporting built in Wifi. It's expected to come in 8 different colours.
    The iPod shuffle is expected to receive a smaller update, with no major changes, staying at the same €49 price point. Also shipping in 8 different colours. This post today by 9To5Mac suggests these are the new iPod model numbers.

Updated iMac
    There has also been hints at an iMac update being announced at tomorrows event. However info has been scarce and it's possible it is just speculation. Conflicting rumours point to both a modest spec upgrade, adding USB 3.0 and updated processors and SSD drives. However some rumours suggest a design change, slimming down the iMac size, removing the optical drive and also adding a Retina display. This iMac update could come as a silent release later on in the year.

Apple developing new music streaming service
    This report from the WSJ from a few days ago suggests Apple could also be ready to announce a new streaming service to take on the likes of Spotify. It will be free to Apple users, allowing them to stream music from any Mac, iOS device and even Windows machines. Evidence on this has also been scarce.

Tomorrow's event will kick off at 10am Pacific time (6pm GMT) at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.

The following websites will be offering liveblogs from the event.

TheVerge
    Engadget
    Gizmodo
    TUAW
    CNET
    Slashgear

Tomorrow's event should be exciting :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This should summarise most posts

I'm definitely getting an S3
    2 years to come up with this?
    What price will it be here?
    This is very underwhelming.
    Steve Jobs wouldn't have this.
    No way am I upgrading from 4s to this.
    Apple are losing it.
    Definitely going to Android now.
    Tim Cook hasn't a clue.
    Apple's days are numbered.
    I wanted something cutting edge and revolutionary and all I get was this.
    iPhones are going stale.
    I miss Steve
    Apple are going to lose a lot of customers because of this.
    Watch the share price fall.
    What date will 'network provider' have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

murpho999 wrote: »

Cheerio

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Apple are losing it.
    Tim Cook hasn't a clue.
    iPhones are going stale.
    I miss Steve

Is that a song you wrote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Apple are losing it.
    Tim Cook hasn't a clue.
    iPhones are going stale.
    I miss Steve

Pretty much all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 frazzlerf92

any ideas of the price?

• Advertisement

or how much the 4s will be reduced by when the 5 is released in ireland?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

or how much the 4s will be reduced by when the 5 is released in ireland?

have you looked at www.apple.ie

ya wondering about bill pay and stuff though will have to wait till the 28th to see sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Best to contact the phone company your with and ask about pricing. It'll vary from network to network.

Advertisement