Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity clothes Dublin?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Wife is 22 weeks pregnant and she needs more comfortable clothes.Theres no decent maternity shops were we live so we're going to go to Dublin on Saturday.Were's the best place for maternity clothes?Blanchardstown SC,Dundrum SC?Or anywere in or around city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

I used to find blanch the best. Not in the main centre
    New Look
    Next
    and Dorothy Perkins
    are all beside each other. Tho I hear dps are stopping maternity they may still have some. New look is v reasonably priced. Next can be bit pricey but good for work.

Also outside main centre but on other side
    Mamas and Papas- nice but quite dear unless u can get sale items

In the centre
    H&M - upstairs. Good selection and quite cheap
    Mothercare
    Debenhams - used to have some Red Herring maternity clothes but not much so may be gone.
    Topshop - I found it way too dear but they do have nice trendy items if you're that way inclined!

I love to shop and tried town, dundrum and blanch and def preferred blanch! The shops in cc didn't stock as much except the big Topshop on grafton st and dundrum didn't have new look which I really liked. It does have Gap tho which also has some maternity items. A little pricey tho.

Hope this helps. Happy shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Great,thanks for that.Blanch is easier for us to get to also so that suits!Didn't fancy trying to park in city centre either.....and paying a fortune for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Penneys also have some fantastic long stretchy tops in at the moment. Only €6 and are very comfortable. They're only new in. I found buying long tops & leggings great as you'll find that as soon as the word maternity is on the label prices tend to be far more expensive.

However h&m and next are great. Mamas & papas have lovely stuff but €€€!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

^^ what highly1111 said :)

The minute anything says "maternity", the price doubles (at least)... just like "wedding" ;)

The only genuine "maternity" items you might need are maternity jeans / trousers, with the big stretchy waistband. I got mine in New Look, they were around 18 euro, MUCH less than the official maternity shops.

Beyond that, lots of long stretchy tops or tunics, anything with a loose waist but ties from behind so you can cinch it in under the boobs (I find this is the most flattering, so I look less like a house). I got loads of short dresses / tunics in H&M which I wear with leggings, and I recently got a couple of those €6 tops in Penneys; super comfortable. It's a bit late in the season now for maxi dresses but these were great during the summer too.

I don't feel right spending tons of money on items I'm only gonna wear for a couple more months; most of the things I've bought, I'd still be able to wear once I'm back to pre-bump size (which, of course, will be super-soon... *ahem*)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭holding

Does anyone have any recommendations for very formal wear maternity clothing? I'll be about 5 months gone when getting married and would like something nice :)

• Advertisement

Great,thanks everyone.We've a wedding to go to in late October so the wife has asked me to ask all of ye if she'll get a nice outfit for it in Blanch?Some sort of dress maybe?

Internet is really the only option for formal dresses. Tiffany Rose is the best I think but is expensive. U could try Seraphine too they're a little cheaper but prob not as weddingy.
    An irish website jellybeangroup I think do Tiffany rose stuff. They're based in cork and really nice to deal with so u could see if they will do a deal esp if buying a few things.
    There is one boutique in Dublin cc which stocks some more formal wear. Can't remember the name now but if you google maternity wear Dublin you'll prob find it. Just as dear as the websites tho

In saying that u may be able get a black dress in one of the shops in blanch and dress it up a bit with accessories. I got one in new look for 20 euro v plain but it did me for going out with nice shoes, bag, cardigan etc

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

I would say if you're only going to be 5 months gone, therefore showing but not huge, that any (non-maternity) empire-line formal dress would do grand (i.e. one where the material falls from below the bust line, thus accommodating the bump).

Worst case scenario with this, if the bump grows a lot, if you get the dress a little too long, you can have it taken up at the back so it doesn't trail behind you, while having ample bump space at the front.

Even for holding who's getting married, I think the same approach could work fine, though how far in advance you'd want to get the dress (vs. knowing what dress size you'll be by then) may prove influential.

Monsoon have a bunch of lovely empire line dresses that would be perfect for a wedding, either as guest or bride!

Guest:
    http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/2234620710
    http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_6,mon_6.24/2530537910
    http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/2530070108
    http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/2235150408

Bride:
    http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/2530014108
    http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.2/1533014108

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Personally I'm living in leggings and long tops which I got from Pennys, H&M and New Look, all available in Blanch.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

This is Mrs Toby2111, a big massive thanks for all the info, went to Blanchardstown today got loads of very comfy bits loved the jeans from Dorothy Perkins and got a dress from H&M, only 25 euro but can add a few bits and pieces and dress it up and gives me room if I get bigger between now and then. Def recommend a trip to everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

I'm planning a trip to Dublin next weekend to pick up a few winter maternity bits-just a couple of tops, tunics n leggings, -just wondering do the h&m, new look, next and dorothy perkins in Blanchardstown all have a decent range of maternity gear?Would it be the best of the shopping centres like?Thanks in advance :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sleeping Beauty

I find COS at BT2 very good for office and weekend wear -they cover the bump nicely, but don't feel like maternity clothes at all.
    Also got a really nice dress at Julien, St Steph's Green for a formal dinner - looks amazing and flatters the bump - and they have a great selection on sale at the moment ;)

Advertisement