Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reimporting a classic

Options
  • 11-09-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi All,

Has anyone reimported a classic that was imported to Ireland, and then exported. If so do you have to pay VRT again and can you get the old reg reissued ie it was a 65 D XXX.

Cheers.
    Ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it only gets paid once per vehcile and yes, you will get the old number back

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SilverBullet

Great, presume I'll need some proof it's already been here before export, or is all that on their files/computers?

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The chassis no. should be on their system.
    I'm not sure who you go to now that the NCT crowd are looking after imports but I'm sure someone here can let you know whether to approach the NCT or Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

corktina wrote: »
    it only gets paid once per vehcile and yes, you will get the old number back

I can also confirm that from first hand experience as the sister brought her car with her when she moved to the UK and then re-imported it to trade it in against a new car on ZZ's which she brought back to the UK when it was time to change.

No VRT on re-import and the car got it's original number back.

At that time it was dealing with the local VRT office not sure how the NCT crowd handle it but the same laws apply in any case.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I did it, but under the pre-NCT system. You will get the old reg back, in my case I had to get an engineers report too as my car had been marked down as scrapped rather than exported..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 SilverBullet

It's only the seed of an idea at the
    moment but good to know we can get the old number back(sentimental value).

Ed

Advertisement