Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the first little step to take on this mountain?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've just decided to go for the GAMSAT iN March so I just have to get off my arse and actually get the books. Thing is, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the lists of books I've seen people recommending. I was just going to dig out my old leaving cert chemistry and biology books and start there, but are they far too simplistic? I'm quite good at self-motivation and I've never had problems studying, but this is the first time in my life that there's no-one to tell me where to start. Is anyone in the same situation as me? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭pc11

I was bewildered also. You have lots of time. I would start with getting the sample questions/papers from the ACER website and read them. This will give you a concrete idea of what's involved.

LC chem/biology are a perfect place to start IMO. Identify where you are starting from in each area and your strengths/weaknesses.

Then read all the threads here, look at the pagingdr.com forum also. You'll get an idea very quickly. No need to buy loads of books yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭nomoreexams

I'm in the same place myself, there seems like a lot to do and not that much time to do it in. I'm going to start with the ACER materials and another thread seemed to recommend Griffiths material. It's 10 years since I last looked at a Chemistry book so it's going to be a big mountain!!! best of luck with it :)

Advertisement