Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Service: How bad is it?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I know this is going to sound like redundant complaint but how CRAP is the Limerick Bus service during the school year?

It's actually pretty ok during the Summer and things arrived on time .. well at least in the mornings.
    This morning however, I was a half hour late for work and 45 minutes waiting for a bus from Castletroy out to town . In the Summer and slightly before the bus arrived at 8.25 where I am, almost on the dot. This past 2 weeks it arrived at 8.35- 8.45 making me 5 minutes late for work regularly but today it arrived at 9.20. I assume today was some freak accident, perhaps a break down.

I suppose what I want to know is what can anyone do about late buses? We've all seen 2 buses arrive at the same time going to the same place. How does this even HAPPEN?

If you complain to the bus driver he'll get pissy and in fairness it probably isn't HIS fault anyway who knows.

Thanks /bitching :)
    Tell me about your experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    I know this is going to sound like redundant complaint but how CRAP is the Limerick Bus service during the school year?

It's actually pretty ok during the Summer and things arrived on time .. well at least in the mornings.
    This morning however, I was a half hour late for work and 45 minutes waiting for a bus from Castletroy out to town . In the Summer and slightly before the bus arrived at 8.25 where I am, almost on the dot. This past 2 weeks it arrived at 8.35- 8.45 making me 5 minutes late for work regularly but today it arrived at 9.20. I assume today was some freak accident, perhaps a break down.

I suppose what I want to know is what can anyone do about late buses? We've all seen 2 buses arrive at the same time going to the same place. How does this even HAPPEN?

If you complain to the bus driver he'll get pissy and in fairness it probably isn't HIS fault anyway who knows.

Thanks /bitching :)
    Tell me about your experiences.

I wish they had realtime updating timetables like they have in Dublin. They're brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I wish they had realtime updating timetables like they have in Dublin. They're brilliant.

Lumerick and Galway are next in line to get the RTPI.
    It's not that reliable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It's because UL started back this week. Waited 40 mins for bus from UL this evening, then 2 came at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Work is starting on this in the next few weeks, but it's just the civil works element. I'm not sure if the electronic sign boards have even been tendered for yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

It's because UL started back this week. Waited 40 mins for bus from UL this evening, then 2 came at once.

I think we were in the same boat there. Something went very wrong that morning anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It wouldn't be a bad idea either if Bus Éireann could put actual bus stop signs at all bus stops. Some suburban areas of Limerick have places where the bus stops but no sign to tell you!
    Can be difficult to find a stop in unfamiliar areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

It'd be great if the bus driver of the 312 would check their mirrors before they pull off at a bus stop. They would've seen me behind the bus trying to hail them to stop.

Is it still a 20 minute wait for the next one?

Oh yes, a time table at the O' Connell avenue stop would be great thanks! Geez... :(

EDIT: I was going to say "scratch that!" because the 304 was along five minutes later, but yknow what? Whatever about the bus service, it'd be nice if people took their rubbish with them getting off-

Image092_1.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The Dooradoyle Road stop (on the 312) that was installed about 6-7 months ago is now redundant due to the new routes and timetable. Well done Bus Eireann!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nebusfan

Who puts up the bus stop poles in the area,the bus company or the council? Does anyone know. When I visited it was hard to know if a bus ran on the road I could'nt find many stops. I know where I live we contact the PTE and they arrange it,and every stop also has a timetable board,telling you the bus times.As for electronic boards,they are great if the buses have a transponder fitted for real time so the board tells you the bus IS coming because the bus is and not just when it is suppoesed to run and does'nt turn up.NOW THAT IS CRAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭redron74

miralize wrote: »
    The Dooradoyle Road stop (on the 312) that was installed about 6-7 months ago is now redundant due to the new routes and timetable. Well done Bus Eireann!

Where exactly is this redundant bus stop?
    I've seen it referred to in the other thread about the changes to the routes and timetables, but I can't figure out where this particular stop is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

My mistake, its between Huntsfield and Collins Bar, but the route stops on it...

Advertisement