Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Editing Software

Options
  • 11-09-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

hey i have loads of videos , all diff formats that i want to edit

i'd like to trim the clips and to save them all in the 1 file type so that they play on my media player

any idea what is a good software to use

any free ones without limitations or watermarks

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

cheers but not 1 of them edits video ( ie trim it to bits u want )

thanks anyway

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

thanks anyway

Realistically you want to separate out the conversion and editing tasks.

Editing should happen first, with the videos uncompressed and at as high a quality as possible, so that you don't end up losing information (and thus quality) when running through your final encode.

For transcoding, something like Handrbake will do just fine. But it can't do video editing.

The choice of video editing tool depends on your OS, hardware, and budget. Freebie offerings like iMovie (now included in OS X) or Windows Movie Maker/Live Movie Maker generally come with limitations (both of the ones I just mentioned seem to insist on resizing videos to a limited set of output sizes, which is tedious) or take a long time to master (VirtualDub or Womble).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

thanks anyway

Change to Seconds and you can trim away ^^^, may not be the handiest but meh, does me whenever I'd need to do it. (rare)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software

There's a load of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Should try
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=121967
    Audio-Video Editing Forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

VirtualDub is what you want I think. Can trim and append video files.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lorgach

Try to run the videos in Windows Movie Maker... If they run in it you can do quite a lot of basic editing using this free programme. I'm assuming that you have managed to upload them onto your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lorgach

If you need to convert any of your videos in order to get them to run in WMM try a programme called 'Super' by eRightsoft

Advertisement