Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on VTOS but have BTEA?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hello there,

I applied for vtos a couple of weeks ago when i was doing an interview for my course, I was also told at the same time by the VTOS person in the college that i should apply for BTEA also, I applied for BTEA on friday and got my letter to say i had been accepted today, today is also my Day to sign on with social welfare, I went in and wasnt allowed to sign because i had already been switched to BTEA and had to sign off.

I have still heard nothing from VTOS yet but the VTOS person in my college said that it would be this week,Will my transfer onto the BTEA program now affect my VTOS application as that is the payment i would rather recieve for the year?

Also, the course I am doing is an Adult leaving Cert, If I take VTOS or BTEA this year what are my options for next year? The plan is third Level and I know If i get BTEA I can Take it again next year for a higher Level course than im currently doing, Is VTOS the same or will my time signing on Go back to zero and prevent me from getting either payment next year?

edit: just to add, after signing off today I checked the post office to find my normal payment and nothing new was added to my bank account.

thanks for the help

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You can get VTOS for 2 years as long as there is a higher level of progression. With BTEA im not sure. If i were you i would hold out for your VTOS. If you get BTEA in 3rd level you will get it throughout the whole 3/4 years. I dont think you can get VTOS for 3rd level.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

yeah thanks, i got my vtos anyway so im happy about that, if i take the vtos can i get btea next year or will i have to take a year out and build up the 6 months signing again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

From my own experience you can move straight from VTOS onto BTEA. ;)

Advertisement