Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntarily leaving my part-time job

Options
  • 11-09-2012 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,
    I work 1 day a week for 4 hours. I know its only 4 hours but I get so much grief in those 4 hours its making my life a living hell. I dread the next day I have to work as soon as I leave to go home. It's all I can think about. I don't want to go into details about it on here but all of the people I have spoken to about this have told me 4hours is not worth the grief I am suffering and the angst it is causing me.
    I am on Jobseekers Allowance, I fill in one day on the yellow dockets. I was means tested and just get a deduction for the day I work, if there is a week I don't work, I get the full €188 for example.
    I am wondering what happens to my above payment if I leave my job voluntarily. There is no way my workplace is going to do me any favours, they will say I walked out. I read that if you leave a job without being let go that you have to forfeit 9 weeks of social welfare.
    My question is: does this apply to me? or is it just for people who were in a full-time job thus not receiving social welfare and left voluntarily and hence have to wait 9 weeks to receive a payment or will this also be applied in my case.
    Thank you in advance for any help.

Advertisement