Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Airways + Luggage

Options
  • 11-09-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Recently purchased some flights to Philly with US Airways as got a pretty good deal with an internal flight to NYC as well.

After booking I was reading through the confirmation email and got a bit confused with the whole baggage allowance and wording.

Long story short, sent an email to Customer Services and they got back to me saying that only carry on was included and that I could pay for checked baggage when checking in online or at the airport??

Anyone else witnessed this before? Also am I going to have to pay for my checked baggage over and back and with my internal??

At least Ryanair give you advanced warning of having to pay for bags, this wasn't even mentioned by US Airways.

Cheers,

Mac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

First Bag free for the transatlantic.

If your flying within the US its $25 for a bag but if it is a connecting flight from a transatlantic its waved.

What is your routing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Hey Vuzuggu,

Flying:

DUB - PHL - stay for 7 days

PHL - NYC - stay for 5 days

NYC - DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

mac_09 wrote: »
    Hey Vuzuggu,

Flying:

DUB - PHL - stay for 7 days

PHL - NYC - stay for 5 days

NYC - DUB

Looks like you might get stung for bag charges on the PHL-NYC leg of the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Looks like you might get stung for bag charges on the PHL-NYC leg of the trip.

Yup you'll be paying $25 for the leg but the rest will be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Ah OK, ill take the hit on the internals - thought I was going to have to pay for each flight.

Appreciate the feedback folks, better replies than the US Airways Customer Service team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Why are you flying Philly to NYC? You could take a bus (2 hrs) or a train (90 mins) the whole way there in the time you'd be standing in the security line at the airport. The train from Philly airport ( http://septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/air.pdf ) departs every 30 minutes and gets to central Philly in about 25 minutes, and at the NYC end you'd completely avoid traveling from EWR or JFK to Manhattan. Check out boltbus.com , megabus.com or amtrak.com which all connect with the Airport Line at 30th St Station. If you take one of the buses (far cheaper), make sure to avoid rush hour.

Advertisement