Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

matchmaking festival in clare

Options
  • 11-09-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

hello,
    has anyone been to the matchmaking festval in co clare? what age group goes to it? im in my late twenties and considering going down:)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Better chance of answers here D (moved from the Ladies Lounge)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I've always gotten the impression that the festival is for the older generation (50+ age group). My husband has an uncle who is in his 70s, he comes up from Kerry every September for the festival, he has attended the festival for almost thirty years. He loves it, he meets alot of the same people every year, some would be bachelors, widows/widower etc. It attracts active retirement groups too :D

Here is a link to the festival

http://www.matchmakerireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

On the other side of the coin I attended a mates stage 'night' during the festival ..... it did last from Friday to Sunday ...... a long night :D

There were plenty in the under-30s age group there.

I am told that the first two weeks get the younger crowd ...... maybe they have gone back to college by the second fortnight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

hi dec, was there on sat nite for the first time i'm 39 there was plenty of young ppl there its great craic for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

There is plenty of a young crowd around on the weekends year in year out op, most head to the night club in the hydro on a Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

thanks everyone! :)
    i kinda get the feeling that those attending who are the same age as myself would be there for the craic (which is grand) rather than genuinely looking to meet someone decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

december83 wrote: »
    thanks everyone! :)
    i kinda get the feeling that those attending who are the same age as myself would be there for the craic (which is grand) rather than genuinely looking to meet someone decent?

Would most not want both? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I know a fair few girls in their early 20's have gone out there in past years for the craic. Works out well because you get bought a lot of drinks apparently. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

i'd say if you took it too serious it mightn't be a good weekend.
    sur give it a chance you'd never know what the wind brings, only that i've plans made i would be there next weekend for sure, but hopefully will get there before the end of the festival.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I went back there a few times, a friend of mine is a tea-toater and isn't really into going to pubs but loves an excuse to go to a festival, great excuse for us to get a driver to the festivals around the place :)

Anyway, the match making is great craic, no-one is taking it too seriously and there's a great atmosphere around the place, once you get into the swing of it and don't think it's speed dating or anything like that you'll be fine. Another friend of mine 1 year decided he'd join us back at it, we thought he was just interested in having a few pints, in fact it turned out he was looking for a wife and was going back thinking he was going to a blind date yoke, we had some fun with him that night winding him up no end, he didn't talk to us for a few weeks afterwards cause we got talking to a couple of trannies who were down for the weekend and we got 1 of them to make like he was interested in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Saturday nights would be the best for young people. Forget about weeknights anyway.

Advertisement