Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please... Excel 2010 problem: enter and tab keys not populating cells with text

Options
  • 11-09-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,

Having problems with Excel 2010! It won't allow me to enter any text... the enter and tab keys work to move from cell to cell, but when I input any text and press either enter or tab, the text disappears and the cell selection stays the same! I'm using the same worksheet as yesterday and had no problems then; I've tested on a different file and on a brand new workbook and they have the same problem. I've looked at Excel options and the option to 'move selection down' after pressing Enter is selected so that's not the issue. It will allow me to copy and paste a cell but not to 'undo' the action or overwrite the contents of the new cell.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement