Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any point gearing up before MOP?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

i have a fresh 85 just week. been gearing up on heroics and am now at ilevel 345. i'm wondering is there any point in continuing this? will the gear from MOP regular leveling be better than anything available now straight away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

froog wrote: »
    i have a fresh 85 just week. been gearing up on heroics and am now at ilevel 345. i'm wondering is there any point in continuing this? will the gear from MOP regular leveling be better than anything available now straight away?

I'd say yes

While you might replace your gear quick enough, its usually beneficial to have good gear to tear through the first level or two.

I know I'm currently having to go back to grab Enhancement gear for my Shaman and Ret gear for my Paladin for levelling. Completely slacked and as usual leaving it last minute....at the moment the Pally has tank gear and my shaman healing gear : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Looking at Wowhead last night, I saw that the ilvl of greens in Pandaland are at 410, so unless you are going to get fully kitted out in 14 days I'd say not to bother.

Get your profs to max level - clear out your banks except for the mats that will get you 5-10 levels for crafting.

My experience from all previous expansions (not really raiding before they dropped) was the first few quests are slower but after 20-30 quests in the first zone and a few dungeon runs you are pretty much good-to-go to level cap.

This is what I am doing but YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 riann7

In beta there were 3 NPCs (Singegruff and Silkweaver Rui in Jade Forest - Claretta in Valley of the Four Winds) in the MoP starter areas selling Adventuring Supplies. These were ilvl 372 green items for all slots (gear, weapons, off pieces and trinkets) which were non-disenchantable. So if you need off spec sets or are a newly dinged lvl 85 Blizzard has you covered. Personally would only bother gearing up if you want items for transmog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I had the same question from about 2 weeks back and decided not to bother.
    Instead I worked on professions (just need to finish out the last 15 or so levels in JC) and I'm done.
    All be it, I am fairly bored at the moment, I just mess about with an alt or do some achievement hunting these days while I wait on MoP.

If you plan on leveling a Panda, consider getting your hands on gear that will help him/her through the levels. Else my advice is to just chillaxe and wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

gave up chasing gear last night. managed to level skinning from 50-525 in a single night! have a load of high level leather on AH now. could be a nice little earner.

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-skinning-guide.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

riann7 wrote: »
    In beta there were 3 NPCs (Singegruff and Silkweaver Rui in Jade Forest - Claretta in Valley of the Four Winds) in the MoP starter areas selling Adventuring Supplies. These were ilvl 372 green items for all slots (gear, weapons, off pieces and trinkets) which were non-disenchantable. So if you need off spec sets or are a newly dinged lvl 85 Blizzard has you covered. Personally would only bother gearing up if you want items for transmog.

Stupid question, but I assume you can buy these items with gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 riann7

Stupid question, but I assume you can buy these items with gold?

Yes all items are purchasable for gold. The purchaseable item stats are below equivalent quest level green rewards which are below equivalent crafted items. When you talk to one of the NPCs they will only offer gear for your selected main spec. So if you need gear for off spec you will need to change spec before talking to them again and seeing the relevant items for sale. Blizzard have also made all quest rewards spec specific which will make leveling more straightforward. No more getting quest rewards which are no benefit to your class and spec.

Advertisement