Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time funding?

Options
  • 11-09-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi there.

I don't know if this section is right, but it can be moved if not.

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but I really want to do a course.
    The problem is, full time education (right now) isn't an option, and the course I want to do is part time evening course. I have next to no savings, living on 100e a week, and no way to support it. Is there any way one could get a small loan (only about 300) or any other support for doing a night time course?

I will still be looking for employment in this time, so obviously that would help, but cannot be counted on either.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭HigsBoson

CuriousG wrote: »
    Hi there.

I don't know if this section is right, but it can be moved if not.

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but I really want to do a course.
    The problem is, full time education (right now) isn't an option, and the course I want to do is part time evening course. I have next to no savings, living on 100e a week, and no way to support it. Is there any way one could get a small loan (only about 300) or any other support for doing a night time course?

I will still be looking for employment in this time, so obviously that would help, but cannot be counted on either.

Thanks for any help.

Only real option is www.springboardcourses.ie, however you must be in receipt of a social welfare payment. Not aware of any other types of funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

HigsBoson wrote: »
    Only real option is www.springboardcourses.ie, however you must be in receipt of a social welfare payment. Not aware of any other types of funding.

Yeah, I did look into that, not many courses of use though...... Thank you anyway :)

Advertisement