Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Radio DJ found dead at home

Options
  • 10-09-2012 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I've just stumbled across this on the Irish Independant website

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/former-dj-found-dead-in-his-laois-home-3225901.html

A FORMER radio DJ found dead at his home last night had lain there for several days - the body of John Quinn (48), better known by his broadcasting name Seán Ferguson, was discovered in the sitting room of his rural bungalow in Ballickmoyler, Co Laois, at about 8pm on Sunday.

Early indications are that he may have been dead for some days and gardai are now working to establish the cause of death.

Gardai say that the incident is not being treated as suicide, but the direction of their investigation will depend on the outcome of a forensic examination.

Mr Quinn worked with pirate radio stations in Dublin during the 1980s before moving to CKR radio station in Carlow-Kildare.

Very sad news.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

I used to listen to his late show on CKR a lot in the late 90s. He was a very good broadcaster and I'm surprised he wasnt still on the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Terrible sad news, he was such a sound guy.
    I did some summer work in CKR for a couple of years when he was there. Never worked on his show as it used to be evening/night he did...but met him at the studios many times.

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Ah that is sad. I remember Sean Ferguson & his 11pm slot of "6 of the Best" where teenagers (including myslef) would send in 6 of our favourite love songs & he'd play them along with a list of people that you wanted to dedicate them to. He was great on CKR night time radio in the 90's. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Anybody have any digital recording of the old CKR shows? (long shot)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Met him a few times when I was on CKR was a nice guy.very sad:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement