Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bump position and gender myth

Options
  • 10-09-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi can anyone tell me what the superstition about bump size / position / height / width etc is i.e. which for a girl or boy? And is there any truth in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Here are some of the Myths that i have been told - I personally dont think there is any truth to them but each to their own...

If your bump is neat and tidy its a girl.... If its a bit messier and you are carrying all over its a boy.

In the scan if the baby has an alien oval shaped head its a girl, if it has a round shaped head its a boy...

I dont think theres any truth to any of them, my sister had a really messy bump on her first and she had a little girl, she was all bump on her second - also a little girl.

Think there is myths about if you are carrying high and low etc too but im not sure of them, i have a low lying placenta and babys head is already down in my pelvis so i obviously have a lower bump then i did on my first.

Its all part of the pregnancy though, people coming up to you saying, Oh its def a boy because.... :D The myths are part of the fun even though personally i think theres no truth to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Princessa wrote: »
    Here are some of the Myths that i have been told - I personally dont think there is any truth to them but each to their own...

If your bump is neat and tidy its a girl.... If its a bit messier and you are carrying all over its a boy.

In the scan if the baby has an alien oval shaped head its a girl, if it has a round shaped head its a boy...

I dont think theres any truth to any of them, my sister had a really messy bump on her first and she had a little girl, she was all bump on her second - also a little girl.

Think there is myths about if you are carrying high and low etc too but im not sure of them, i have a low lying placenta and babys head is already down in my pelvis so i obviously have a lower bump then i did on my first.

Its all part of the pregnancy though, people coming up to you saying, Oh its def a boy because.... :D The myths are part of the fun even though personally i think theres no truth to them.
    Thanks for that!
    Well I have a neat alien shaped head bump! Be interesting to see if it's a girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

He he he keep us filled in.

My mother swears by the head shape thing, she dont believe in the neat and messy bump myths but she said def boys have rounder heads than little girls when they are in the belly =)

Whens your 20 week scan? You hoping to find out the gender then?

Theres some quizes that you can do online for fun that they will tell you what they think you are having based on all the old myths.

Lots of people check the chinese gender prediction calender too. My friend swears that she checked it for her two kids, her OH family and for her siblings and they all came back right. Something she said about its not your actual age you put in you have to calculate your lunar age or something like that sure theres something on the net. I personally wouldnt take it too seriously but if its all for fun sure whats the harm? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

the partner had a messy bump and oval shaped head on scans. We had a boy. 4 years later she now has a neat and tidy bump, alien shaped head on scans and cos of her medical background in last couple of years we've had about 12 scans so far and in the last 4 weeks each doctor has confirmed a girl thus far. I never believed the sayings before but it might just have it right for some people I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

They say if you carry low in your stomach rather than high by your ribs your having a girl. I carried very low and I ended up having a girl.

There is also the Nub Theory, which is explained here, which has been proven to be quite accurate over time, though it wasn't accurate for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Princessa wrote: »
    He he he keep us filled in.

My mother swears by the head shape thing, she dont believe in the neat and messy bump myths but she said def boys have rounder heads than little girls when they are in the belly =)

Whens your 20 week scan? You hoping to find out the gender then?

Theres some quizes that you can do online for fun that they will tell you what they think you are having based on all the old myths.

:D
    I already had the big scan but we are going to wait for a suprise. I just enjoy guessing! I really have no clue. My bump is defo neat and in the middle not low but not very high either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I don't believe in it but it's only a bit of fun!

I'm not surprised people believe it, I mean there is a 50/50 chance the guess will be right!

(For the record, I had a very small, neat bump, and I had a boy...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I don't believe in it but it's only a bit of fun!

I'm not surprised people believe it, I mean there is a 50/50 chance the guess will be right!

(For the record, I had a very small, neat bump, and I had a boy...)

Hehe - I had a very small neat bump and had a girl!! Just goes to show you never know!!

Advertisement