Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No More Live Matches On ESPN

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Now i could be wrong here maybe this is a mistake but according to my UPC box schedule and ESPNS website no matches are being shown this week.In fact i checked the schedule on ESPNS website right up until the date of the grand final and no matches are on the schedule for these weeks.The highlights show from next week onwards is also gone from the schedule.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

wouldnt suprise me. ESPN has gone way down on their outside Britain sports coverage. Stopped all american football coverage and their AFL coverage last year was pathetic. I even tried emailing them a few times and never once got any reply. So I got rid of it, and its working out cheaper to get the sportstv live afl than it would have been to subscribe to ESPN for the season. Got gamepass in NFL too so no sky sports either. easy to get good streams of soccer games that both show, so alls good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

bruschi wrote: »
    wouldnt suprise me. ESPN has gone way down on their outside Britain sports coverage. Stopped all american football coverage and their AFL coverage last year was pathetic. I even tried emailing them a few times and never once got any reply. So I got rid of it, and its working out cheaper to get the sportstv live afl than it would have been to subscribe to ESPN for the season. Got gamepass in NFL too so no sky sports either. easy to get good streams of soccer games that both show, so alls good now.

Thanks Bruschi and the one years subscription is very good value.I presume the matches can be downloaded any time i want?Will i have to wait until next season or will a 1 years subscription cover me now?Anyway it's a pity i didn't hear about this site earlier i could have watched my Demons getting flogged every week.:pac:

btw If anyone else hasn't heard of this site here's the link.

http://www.afl.livesport.tv/

Thanks Bruschi and the one years subscription is very good value.I presume the matches can be downloaded any time i want?Will i have to wait until next season or will a 1 years subscription cover me now?Anyway it's a pity i didn't hear about this site earlier i could have watched my Demons getting flogged every week.:pac:

btw If anyone else hasn't heard of this site here's the link.

http://www.afl.livesport.tv/

yeah it was someone on here who alerted me to it first. You can buy a finals pass, think its €10 or something? not sure, I just have seen it advertised on their site. It cost me €70 for the year, but there are still teething problems with it. You can watch every game alright, but they dont go online until about 8 hours or so after the game. You can watch highlights and stuff on it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Does this site show the Channel 7 coverage or is all fox footy coverage?I personally prefer the coverage on channel 7.Can i download matches on to a memory stick to watch on the tele?

Does this site show the Channel 7 coverage or is all fox footy coverage?I personally prefer the coverage on channel 7.Can i download matches on to a memory stick to watch on the tele?

yeah the channel 7 comms are on it, Commetti, McAveney, that clown Brian Taylor et al. I'm sure you can download the games alright, but they are in quarters, so you would need to download 4 quarters, would need a video downloader like realplayer to download them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 trenchdiggers

Don't know if they're going to show the remaining matches on an ad hoc basis but they're now showing the Crows v Freo match on ESPN tomorrow, I'm sure it wasn't there earlier in the week!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trenchdiggers

They're now showing the match on Saturday night at 23:30, better than nowt I suppose :rolleyes:

As I said pre season.

I can provide an invite to a members only site that hosts all games(including VFL etc).
    The rules are basic and fair(you have to seed what you download).
    So if you're with UPC or any other ISP with decent download speed and no restrictions(on download limits, Eircom type restrictions) you can pick up the games in SD/HD in less than an hour.

Advertisement