Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent denture issue

Options
  • 10-09-2012 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    hey guys, my mum lost her dentures two teeth on either side. She won't go out til she replaces them, big emergency. Can anon recommend someone in dublin who wll do them really quickly and as cheaply as possible?? Big issue as she has a wedding to attend on thursday. Thanks, puz.

Not getting replies on the dental forum, can you guys help out, the. Olwan is frantic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Try one of these
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/q/business/advanced/where/Dublin%20City/what/Denture%20Repairs/?contentErrorLinkEnabled=true

My in laws have used the one in Artane and he didn't charge a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I still have my own teeth. Look>>>>>>>>>:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

jos28 wrote: »
    Try one of these
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/q/business/advanced/where/Dublin%20City/what/Denture%20Repairs/?contentErrorLinkEnabled=true

My in laws have used the one in Artane and he didn't charge a fortune.

Thanks so much will call them in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Chucken wrote: »
    I still have my own teeth. Look>>>>>>>>>:D

Aw, Chuckie you have a lovely smile! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

Thanks for the replies folks....she found them, after we wasted most of last night tearing her house apart........... They were in her handbag.......I give up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

I know, I know. In a lady's handbag. Like a needle in a haystack ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thanks for the replies folks....she found them, after we wasted most of last night tearing her house apart........... They were in her handbag.......I give up

I was going to ask how she lost them but thought better of it :D

Glad she found them :)

Glad she found them ! At least you didn't have to do what I had to for my poor Mam. My beloved Mammy(since departed) lost hers in a shopping centre. I had to go around all the shops we had been in to ask if they had been found. The search ended (happily for Mam) when the waitress in the restaurant we had been in for lunch handed them to me :eek: Mam had wrapped them up in a serviette and left them behind when we left !!

Aw, bless! You can laugh about it now though at the time was probably a bit of a shocker! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Amy2010

LOL...thats what we all face when we reach certain age ourselves.

• Advertisement

Glad she found them ! At least you didn't have to do what I had to for my poor Mam. My beloved Mammy(since departed) lost hers in a shopping centre. I had to go around all the shops we had been in to ask if they had been found. The search ended (happily for Mam) when the waitress in the restaurant we had been in for lunch handed them to me :eek: Mam had wrapped them up in a serviette and left them behind when we left !!

Yes, it has happened to my aunty too. She lost hers in a restaurant (had wrapped them up in a serviette) and searched high and low for it. We have to bring back home, two black bags of rubbish including food waste, to go through them at home. Sadly, no missing false teeth can be found.

Amy2010 wrote: »
    LOL...thats what we all face when we reach certain age ourselves.

Some of us O & O's are already there (not lookin' at anyone, mind) :rolleyes:

Amy2010 wrote: »
    Yes, it has happened to my aunty too. She lost hers in a restaurant (had wrapped them up in a serviette) and searched high and low for it. We have to bring back home, two black bags of rubbish including food waste, to go through them at home. Sadly, no missing false teeth can be found.
    Ah yuck ! Thankfully I didn't have to do that !!
    All this talk of dentures makes me realise the importance of keeping your own teeth. That's it, I'm flossing twice a day from now on :D

Ah yuck ! Thankfully I didn't have to do that !!
    All this talk of dentures makes me realise the importance of keeping your own teeth. That's it, I'm flossing twice a day from now on :D

I asked her why did she take her false teeth out? She said it hurts when eating especially if its a new set of false teeth or food need more chewing.

It spurned me on to get my real teeth for a check up I've made appointment for trow morning. It is a small price to pay for profesional cleaning as it no longer free via PRSI.

Ah, those were the days when we got a free scrape and polish! Sounds disgusting now though.

Advertisement