Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Grim Tale

Options
  • 10-09-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

Being a step mother was awful. Looking in a mirror to adjust her make up, she decided that bring up a teenager was not pleasant. Her stepdaughter was so disobedient, and being of Royal blood and somewhat wilful made life very hard.

Hmm a few more wrinkles. Mostly due to worry over her errant stepdaughter. Getting a teenager to eat healthily was a right royal pain too. The girl simply would not touch fruit or salad, she preferred pies and cakes. One day it would go straight to her hips. Still at her age it hardly showed.

And wild? The girl was a party animal, surrounded by all kinds of young men, and we all know what young men are thinking of. All of the time!

Well something needed to be done. Perhaps putting a few slices of apple in a cake would start her off on a more healthy way of living.

She sighed, look at these wrinkles, she wasn't getting any younger, and these days it tended to show. If only the mirror could tell her what to do. No matter how she cried out to it, it would never answer. And now with talking to herself, people were beginning to think she was going mad.

At supper her step daughter greedily tucked into her pies and almost without stopping reached for the cake.

After two bites she shrieked in outrage. "Mother this is poisoned. you tried to choke me with this awful fruit. What is it? an apple?" She stood up and ran from the room. screaming. "I hate you I hate you, you are wicked and evil"

Her poor stepmother broke down and cried.

Some hours later she went looking for her step daughter, she must be somewhere in the castle. But her room was empty, none of the servants had seen her. The forest outside was full of dangers. Oh dear lord she hadn't gone there had she?

A search was soon organised and the leading woodsman of the area was asked to lead the search for her step daughter on the promise of great wealth if he could find the wayward teenager before she was harmed. Then she returned to her chambers anxiously awaiting news.

The young princess at this time was involved in a wild and somewhat raunchy party with seven (yes seven) young miners. When news of this reached her poor old stepmother, the news broke her sweet old heart. The girl of course didn't really care about that, she was having too much fun with her young miners, especially that rather inventive dopey looking one, and look at the young Stud who came daily to visit them on his big horse.

It seemed she would be written about as a wayward daughter unless she got the people to rewrite the story. Using her wiles and wicked intelligence, and her body to her advantage, she persuaded the people to believe she had a wicked stepmother. This would work to hold them all at bay while she made her final escape, riding half naked away from the kingdom on the back of the great horse owned by the muscular young stud. Once away, nobody would ever hear of her again.

Snow White smiled her cruel and lustful smile as she clung onto the back of the silly young man.... he would do well until her Prince Charming arrived on the scene.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I really liked this.

One suggestion: stick to the step-mother's pov all the way though. The reader will pick up on the story without jumping into Snowwhite's pov at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Thank you for those kind comments EileenG. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Rubecula wrote: »
    Thank you for those kind comments EileenG. :)

FFS! Are you mad? Don't tell anyone I'm kind. You'll ruin my reputation.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

EileenG wrote: »

Watch out, she's getting the whips out!

I love the idea of this story, Rubeleca.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

EileenG wrote: »

Have you seen the 'M' word under your name? Of course I will grovel... umm be polite and nice. :)
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Watch out, she's getting the whips out!

I love the idea of this story, Rubeleca.

Whips? Nobody said I was going to have that much fun.... :o Thank you for liking the idea and taking the time to post. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement